Forums

1 2 3 4 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
Hira
Fri Feb 23 2007, 04:45am Print
Registered Member #485 Joined: Fri Feb 23 2007, 03:56am
hi friendz>
i posted my message in th INTRODUCE URSELF section by mistake at first but now i'm posting it over here too...

my topic for thesis is to design a "social interactive space" .As for my research i need guidance as how important is social interaction for human beings and what dynamics of society n  space  are involved in it and what wud be some of th best design solutions to my research problem.i'd also like u to share with me the relationship and coexistance of social interaction n architecture.
plz do share articles n case studies n any other form of ur valuable assistance which wud be helpful in my research
nirghum
Sat Feb 24 2007, 04:33pm
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
social interactive space, is a very important place. in current days the growing rush of day to day life people are getting isolated from each other. Individual are being very much individual and alone, being living in crowd we are not much social. More over the current growing technology like TV, computers and many such hi-tech devices always trying to keep us busy within our self. In such situation the social common values are loosing their own pace. So there is a need to make some place where much social interaction can happen.

While designing such place I think there shouldn’t be any defined boundary, and defined entrance. It should be more like an opening where people can come from any direction. And gather. Gather for nothing at all, or for some events. Within the premises some construction to host cultural programs can be placed. And lots of open space, sitting arrangement under the open sky.

The place should be naturally soothing and water body is must.

atul
Sun Feb 25 2007, 03:49am
Registered Member #73 Joined: Wed Jul 12 2006, 10:32am
: Dhaka
for having an idea for social interactive spaces, you should read roads, narrate vistas, river ghats, and moreover street markets. they are really sensative and powerful.the anatomy of cultural spine should also be maintained, along.

you should read out krier,jacobs, and more.

ill send you some of my case studies.inshallah.

and moreover, try get into archnet.com for cases. it will definitely help.
bud rock thyself.
Hira
Sun Feb 25 2007, 08:47am
Registered Member #485 Joined: Fri Feb 23 2007, 03:56am
but , i was thinkng of PARKS.. won't that be a better choice.....??
wl wait for ur case studies....
nirghum
Sun Feb 25 2007, 10:33am
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
yeh i think i have pin pointed my direction of conversation towards a park cum cultural center.

though in street markets, river ghats are a place where different people gather, but does they really meet there? gathering is not meeting. in public places like street market people are again busy with themselves.

which doesn't serve the purpose of social exchange of views, joys pain and sorrows. so i would rather prefer fro a park and cultural center to achieve social interaction. as well as to host some event through which we can practice cultural,social, educational events to pass some message on towards the society and future. my honest request goes to Atul- please share stuffs with Hira, that you fell would be helpful to Hira.
thanks in advance to Atul.
ubaida
Thu May 01 2008, 05:22pm
Registered Member #994 Joined: Mon Apr 21 2008, 08:34am
: karachi
hello friend....

i m ubaida .... i am also in final year of architecture.... and  this yr ill inshallah give my thesis....
and one thing that i must ask u  .... to whom u r catering....how much ppl get out of it in this busy and insecure life..
does really ppl want such a space...?

i really want to know ... how much u have done with this topic...

wish u  best of luck
CharlesNoise
Mon Feb 11 2019, 10:23pm
Registered Member #11163 Joined: Mon Oct 22 2018, 03:36am
: Czech Republic
Lisinopril arimidex hair loss
CharlesNoise
Mon Feb 25 2019, 05:08pm
Registered Member #11163 Joined: Mon Oct 22 2018, 03:36am
: Czech Republic
Amoxicillin Online
1 2 3 4