1 2 3 4  last
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
ROMY
Mon Jun 30 2008, 12:55pm Print
Registered Member #1064 Joined: Mon Jun 30 2008, 07:03am
: DUBAI
Hi
I was preparing my cad drawings for presentations,and the client needs a chandlier.
So gave him different designs but he is not happy with it.
So can anyone please help me.where can I find some good autocad drawings of chandlier lights.
Thanks
NEO
Mon Jun 30 2008, 06:59pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
If you are familiar with Sketchup, then I may give an idea...
Go to 3dwarehouse of google. You'll get a lot of skp models of chandeliers. Download them, open and export them in dwg format. And use them happily in your cad drawings
Unknown
Fri Jul 04 2008, 07:57pm
PLEASE TRY TO STOP COPYING FROM OTHERS' DESIGN,
AS YOU HAVE DONE IN THE SCHOOL, ITS A CHEATING
WORK OUT YOUR BRAIN
NEO
Fri Jul 04 2008, 08:20pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
ARCH. AASIF,
Suppose you are designing a parking lot, I think then you are not going to design the cars for it. Or you do that too?
Spending valuable hours designing a 'chandelier' is stupidity when you are running out of time for designing the the spaces of the building itself. So drawing a refrigerator in a kitchen from others drawing is not cheating anyway. We are not supposed to design everything. We can not. Edited Fri Jul 04 2008, 08:43pm
Unknown
Fri Jul 04 2008, 09:11pm
INSTALLING SKETCHUP, DOWNLOADING FILES, ARE NOT WASTE OF TIME?
BY THIS TIME YOU CAN DESIGN A NUMBER OF CHANDLIER. ANY WAY, THAT IS HIS OR HER OWN/PERSONAL WAY TO DO WORK IN THE ARCHITECTURAL WORLD.
BUT IN MY DESIGN, I TRY TO KEEP MY OWN DESIGNED LIBRARIES.
Tonni Islam
Fri May 18 2012, 04:12pm
Registered Member #2773 Joined: Thu Oct 27 2011, 04:30pm
First off I think its odd that the client wants lighting from a architect? Either way I don't think he's cheating, everything offered in 3D warehouse is for the sake of use. I agree with Neo, it's about what he is ACTUALLY designing, the rest of it is for render purposes mostly for people to get a sense of space. No need to waste time drawing something that is stock available.

I mean I use cars and trees from 3d warehouse. Oh well.
rubelraf
Sun May 20 2012, 06:16pm
rubelraf
Admin Registered Member #12 Joined: Sat Sep 17 2005, 01:22pm
: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Agreed with NEO and Tonni.
when an architect is assigned for a particular design, he/she will design accordingly and for the presentation purpose when such elements[skp>dwg] is used it is not about "CHEATING" its about "PRESENTING". but if that chandelier is to be designed, it has to be on the contract, on paper or verbal. why should the Architect give FREE service?!! [though there is some concept about OPEN Architecture and etc, that's completely different scenario]. as a professional, one has to act like one.

sharmeen
Mon Oct 01 2012, 12:24pm
Registered Member #3847 Joined: Mon Oct 01 2012, 12:06pm
: dhanmondi
i agree as well...
1 2 3 4  last

Go to: