Forums

Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
Aribah Abbas
Fri Mar 02 2007, 12:59am Print
Registered Member #487 Joined: Mon Feb 26 2007, 04:49am
hi!!
well m doind my research on how our health is effected by architecture, we experiance through our basic senses, thus watever we develop as architecture must be sensitive to these senses. and ancient sciences such as vastu shastru feng shui and modern sciences show that architecture really influence the physical and mental health of the occupants. 
send in ur views and ne refrences that you can that how can architecture support our health, post in your ideas also
thanks
nirghum
Fri Mar 02 2007, 04:18am
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
healthy construction,
mean to me enough of natural air, natural light and natural sound.
natural sound composed by the birds, bees, and other creatures.
healthy environment will make option for walking barefooted on green soft grass. with latest skyscrapers hosted flats miss all of them all together.

then comes the sewerage system. when we have build up enough crap high rising housing we are a actually gathering a lot of disposable with in a small range of area. in a natural environment that would be impossible. so we need to take a very good care of sewerage and disposable system, that will allow to flow them and scatter them to the nature back.

generally when we accommodate more number of people and activity withing a small place, we let the disposables out near around. it causes pollution. please ask me again if you not get any of the points i tried to make.

Himel
Fri Mar 02 2007, 04:56am
Registered Member #294 Joined: Mon Oct 16 2006, 05:10pm
: Dhaka
when i was 4 years old and lived chittagong i often became sick. i had problem in breathing. ( i cant remember, my mom said). Then doctore said my mother to change our flat from ground floor to 3rd floor.

In my life i lived in 4 different flats. None of them had veranda. I love terrace. It gives a feelings that u r in outside the building, u can see all sides on a terrace.

I think people's breathing problmes are only for bad architecture. we should avoid suffocation.
Aribah Abbas
Mon Mar 05 2007, 12:48pm
Registered Member #487 Joined: Mon Feb 26 2007, 04:49am
thanks people for replying in!
What im confused at right now is what project shall i take which would wrap up all my findings, i was thinking to go for a health n fitness center which itself would be a health giving place, but the question araises that people would visit it for a very short time, thus it would not have that greater impact.Although that short span would have a lasting impact, it would leave you fresh for the rest of the day:- confused.
so please post in any ideas. it would be a great help.
nirghum
Tue Mar 06 2007, 10:07am
if i was in your situation, i would better pick up a residential school.
An elementary section non residential. Then from class 5 0r 6 residential upto graduate.

It hosts lots of people, from all range of age. So you can have lots of scope of implementing thoughts.
As it will require housing, dining, medical, education, and games sports, well let me ask what not.

Think of it.

NEO
Tue Mar 06 2007, 11:47am
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
A single family residence would be the best selection I think.
Start thinking from the wedding of a couple. Suppose they hired you to design their residence. Later after they may have some children. They'll grow up in that house. They'll get a lot of thing in their growing up process from your design. Their mental and physical health is directly related to the design of the residence.

Apparently it seems... why to go for a simple single family residence? But think... the most influential architecture in our life is our residence. Where we grow up, where we live in, it becomes a part of our socialization, physical and mental health. Your presentation may show a long time-line of their lifestyle... like a movie
Their you may show how your design will respond to particular situation and time of the growth of a particular family. You may imagine a real family... their nature.. names and ages etc. Grand pa and grand ma may come up in the scene also. Then you may start designing for them.

And that project may become the best example of a 'healthy architecture'.
nirghum
Fri Mar 09 2007, 05:06am
Aribah Abbas

feeling interested to know how is the progress of your project. by the way have you selected your targeted assignment.

what you are going to make?
Killersmile
Sun Apr 24 2022, 06:10am
Registered Member #18025 Joined: Sun Apr 24 2022, 05:31am
: sydney australia
Great site i love it keep posting more! fencinglexingtonky.com

Go to: