Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: ArchSociety Service Desk :: Rethink ArchSociety!

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Right to "Ban/Block" specific user(s) for an Author
1 2 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
rubelraf
Tue Mar 20 2007, 12:12am Print
rubelraf
Admin Registered Member #12 Joined: Sat Sep 17 2005, 01:22pm
: Dhaka, Bangladesh
idea.png I think, an Author [Topic Starter] of a thread should have the right to restrict
any specific person/user to write in his/her thread.

there should be a button named "ban/block" which is
only for the Author of that particular thread.

or,

there should be a button named
"ask admin to ban/block user(s) in this thread"
which would be monitored/supported by the admin.

Edited Tue Mar 20 2007, 03:49am
rubelraf
Tue Mar 20 2007, 12:20am
rubelraf

I think the second option is preferable...

people... what do you think about it....???

share your openion....

Himel
Tue Mar 20 2007, 03:25am
Registered Member #294 Joined: Mon Oct 16 2006, 05:10pm
: Dhaka
ya... i think rubel vai is right. sometimes stupid people always quarell with everyone. and sometimes there are lost of stupid people gather together and think they are not stupid cause they are large in number. This made me remember the quatation of Socrates ------- I to die, you to live, which is better god knows.

--------------------------
[Text added by the Admin]
Himel you are crossing the limit. And going beyond my tolerance. It’s just your mere stupidity and immaturity. Grow up man.
This is the last warning to you to stop personal attacks in forum.
If it ever happenes in this forum again by you then I will have no other way but to BAN your account.
ArchSociety Admin.
Edited Tue Mar 20 2007, 09:16am
admin
Tue Mar 20 2007, 09:23am
Main Admin Registered Member #1 Joined: Sun Jul 31 2005, 06:24am
: virtual architecture ..!
Rubel,
Till now I have no option to do that thing. It will require some difficult changes in the engine and the database. I'll try to do that.

But my opinion is: Forum should remain open. We should have the tolerance and courage to face every situation in an open platform.
Lets see what other people say.

You people better forget about all these... and concentrate on the threads which really matters for the community. Which helps other. See there are many threads unattended where people are requesting for helps. Concentrate on those.
rubelraf
Tue Mar 20 2007, 03:44pm
rubelraf
I agree with admin. And thanks to the admin for quickly responding.
nirghum
Tue Mar 20 2007, 03:57pm
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
Every time you start talking about ban or restricting some one to talk,
then i feel, do you people ever care to invite some to join the community. do you people ever tried to encourage to post other. why you are so much to stop other. or ban Man?
we are trying our best to let other talk. so stopping on talking is mare no concern. i would prefer let them talk whatever they want. just with decent language. not using abusive words. one way we can achieve a better environment is allowing few moderators, to play some scissor job.

That will save some of our cruel emotions. When moderators are taking out, part or full thread or reply before any one can even see it, thing would be settled fine before it go very wrong.
And at many time I observed here in our forum that some one told something very light, but other guys come up and start blasting things negative direction. In such cases I would better punish the person who takes light thing in negative direction. But no the original poster.

Whatever Moderator is what my suggestion.
(though I find very less member such dedicated for forum to be moderator. Ha ha ha )

admin
Tue Mar 20 2007, 05:57pm
Main Admin Registered Member #1 Joined: Sun Jul 31 2005, 06:24am
: virtual architecture ..!
Nirghum,
You have been assigned as a forum moderator. Now you can edit, delete any posts in any forum.
No doubt I get you trust worthy always

As often I become busy with my design studio or professional staffs... it would be great if you also take the charge of forum moderation.
Best of luck.
nirghum
Thu Mar 22 2007, 04:18pm
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
dear admin,
i will love to do the job. but plese take out the tag of modrator down from my avatar.
i want to be one of the common people always. i never feel to tag any thing extra on me.

to all other, if you take a close look you can see a button on the top right corner of every post, REPORT following a yellow exclamatory sign. that is the best tool to report any post abusive or objectionable. use that often. even whenever you feel anything wrong please feel free to pm me, sooner. we will try to accomodate you with highest comfort.
thanks.
1 2 

Go to: