Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: Design Process :: Bubble of Ideas..

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Designing institute of architects
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
Anika
Sat May 26 2007, 03:36pm Print
Registered Member #328 Joined: Tue Nov 07 2006, 06:14am
: dhaka
i'm a third year student in 'University of Asia Pacific'. our first project in this semester is designing "Institute of architects Bangladesh"...sad.png.the site is situated in Agargaon.It's in Kahn's shere-bangla-nagar master plan.
my 1st step and the only thing that i do except solving the function while designing is site and its' surrounding analysis and climatic consideration...
but in this particular project we have to give a central ideaill.png......which never comes out of my head...cry.png.......now i badly need help to come out with an idea...which goes with this projectsad.png
my 2nd preli is in tuesday...plz help me with some ideas........

Edited Wed May 30 2007, 08:15pm
nirghum
Sat May 26 2007, 07:36pm
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
in such situation i would look through few other already existing
Institute of architects
nad would have tried to find what is the most strong statement present there, and try to find what is missing.
NEO
Sat May 26 2007, 08:51pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
It is pathetic that there's no good example of that kind within your reach to visit.
Typical idea about designing architects' institutes is 'doing something inspiring for the architects'. But I think architects' institute is a place where all the 'guru' of architecture will gather together. I don't think it as an intelligent intension of design here to 'show' something to 'them' through your design. I think it's insane to try to teach or inspire a person like Muzharul Islam who'll sit in that institute. Trying to inspiring 'architects' through a design is an absurd concept. But I'm sure at the beginning everyone will attempt to do that.

Visit AIA (American Institute of Architects) Website:
http://www.aia.org
See the links there: Architects & Public, Practice of Architecture, AIA Public Policies etc.
That means they are trying to integrate the mass people with the architecture community. They are trying to make people aware about 'what architects do' 'what is architecture profession' 'how architects work'.
The intension of architects institutes is not just being the official authority of architecture in a country but it is also their duty to make people know about the profession and making everyone aware about architecture as an art as well as a technology oriented profession.

So I think it is more intelligent to attempt something for the public, the outsiders in the institute. Who may get a glimpse of 'architecture what it is' from your design of the institute. It will be intended to them, not to the architects actually....

(Whatever your 'central idea' is, mind few things: proper functionality following the programs, climatic considerations, structural soundness, beauty of composition and a modern or contemporary look of your design is 'mandatory' not any special feature. You can not sacrifice any of these issues for the sake of your design idea anyway.)
Anika
Sun May 27 2007, 05:47pm
Registered Member #328 Joined: Tue Nov 07 2006, 06:14am
: dhaka
thanx neo and nirghum vai. i'm really jealous of u neo.......... u think intelligently...speak smartly,reasonably........................dead.png
NEO
Tue May 29 2007, 08:38am
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
Thank you dear
A new article is prepared for you!
It's about a project which is very related to your one. Its the Netherlands Architecture Institute designed by architect Jo Coenen. The project is more focused to the public arena. It's main feature is a museum and exhibition space of architecture for public.
You may study this project and show it to your design teacher as an example.
See the project in the ArchSociety Digital Library or just Click Here

Edited Tue May 29 2007, 08:56am
Killersmile
Sun Apr 24 2022, 07:58am
Registered Member #18025 Joined: Sun Apr 24 2022, 05:31am
: sydney australia
Great site i love it keep posting more! www.bathroomremodelingamarillo.com
idasanka
Tue Apr 26 2022, 01:33pm
Registered Member #17236 Joined: Sat Jan 29 2022, 02:15pm
: davao
thank you for this! really appreciate you doing this https://deckbuildersspokanewa.com

Go to: