evolution of project design methodology along history
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
luis
Sun Feb 17 2008, 06:13pm Print
Registered Member #915 Joined: Sun Feb 17 2008, 05:57pm
: Loures
Hi
I'm a student iof interior design in Portugal and working on a paper on the evolution of the design methodology evolution thought history.
Information is very scarce and I shure need some helping guidance...
Any clues about authors, books or papers on the subject?
regards
Luis Lança

--------------------------
Editing notes:
Moderator has removed the email link of this author for security.
Edited Mon Feb 18 2008, 02:07pm
NEO
Wed Feb 20 2008, 07:44pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
Your topic seems not very clear :-S
Would you please explain it a bit more?...
Which thing you is your point? I mean is it something like the history of construction management process?
Such as in prehistoric era people were used to design for themselves out of necessity and spiritual issues.. later artists did some designs under patronage of emperors.. then architects came up as professionals. And now for big projects there are project managers who hire or select architects for the client and deal everything and all other professionals related to the project...
Is it something like this you are looking for?
Sent at 1:35 AM on Thursday
me: Tauheed: here it is you can post as NEO
Your topic seems not very clear :-S
Would you please explain it a bit more?...
Which thing you is your point? I mean is it something like the history of construction management process?
Such as in prehistoric era people were used to design for themselves out of necessity and spiritual issues.. later artists did some designs under patronage of emperors.. then architects came up as professionals. And now for big projects there are project managers who hire or select architects for the client and deal everything and all other professionals related to the project...
Is it something like this you are looking for?

luis
Wed Feb 20 2008, 09:58pm
Registered Member #915 Joined: Sun Feb 17 2008, 05:57pm
: Loures
Hi
Thanks for your reply.
Actually no.
My point is precisely that in all the years and books that I've been studyng all the enfasis was put on the genius of the person (artist, master, architect or just genius) or on the end product-whether it fullfield some need espiritual or socially aquired and never-to my modest knowledge-on the method of design, the way each specific idea was developed, written, orally transmited throughout the process of constructing till the final product and at the end what impact it had on the final product... some work by Bruno Munari tried, and resumed, some of that need, but did it camed alone? Was it the first time does questions where put?
We know for instance that a great part of egiptian architecture was dependent on their knowledge of geometry, wich came from their knowledge of measuring the land, but besides that...
Was it the same tipe of knowledge needed to do a cathedral? the first romanic church?
How did they register their knowledge and how it was passed on along the work and along the centuries?
I know that probably I didn't made it clearer...
I just found out some information on a architect from sud america called Alfonso Corona Martinez that has a book called The Architectural Project that seems to toggle the subject. I'll resume some part once I receive it.
regards
Luis Lança
geebranzy
Mon Jan 31 2022, 07:17am
Registered Member #17235 Joined: Sat Jan 29 2022, 10:34am
: Bethany delaware
Portugal Interior Design

finance companies in amarillo

Go to: