Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: Design Process :: Bubble of Ideas..

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Need Help 'Information Technology Village'
1 2 3 4 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
ASHRAF
Tue Nov 25 2008, 05:54pm Print
Registered Member #10 Joined: Thu Sep 01 2005, 09:20am
: Dhaka
Need Help 'Information Technology Village'

I am doing my thesis on 'IT Village' Gazipur.

tidel park limited , tamilnadu.
Hi-tech park city,hydrabad
International tech park,Bangalore
cyberjaya,putrajaya,malaysia

those are my case studies but i have no plan & section. i need that can any one help me.
what should be my case study?...
I need more name for case study.

I need to know the main concept of IT village or IT park or what is going on it Village.....

Other... what kind of project i could study related to this project.

first prili on 30th november 2008...

HELP me please..
NEO
Tue Nov 25 2008, 08:22pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
CLICK HERE or visit the ArchSociety Publications in Downloads section to get the pdf file containing case studies on these four projects:
1. Tidel Park, Chennai
2. International Tech Park, Bangalore
3. High Tech City, Hyderabad
4. Cyberjaya, Putrajaya, Malaysia
I hope it will come to your help.
ASHRAF
Wed Nov 26 2008, 02:42pm
Thanx neo.
I get all those information form shumon bhai.
I need more information about those projects and any other project.

Any Suggestion About It Village for me. What should I read for conceptual understanding.
Reference
Mon Dec 01 2008, 01:27am
Registered Member #1249 Joined: Mon Dec 01 2008, 12:32am
: sydney
Hey Ashraf!

I hope you have done a good prelie last week.
Some eight years ago, I did my final project on the same topic and that's why I am going to give you some clues if you are looking for the main concept behind this IT village.
All the examples you got from others are really group of office buildings targeted for IT businesses. If you look at those project images you wouldn't see anything more than the forms. I think you should really look at whatever you find about Silicon Valley California. Because all the major IT headquarters are located in that part of the world. here are some links- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_Valley       http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technology_park

And don't forget to look at the images of the Google headquarter in this link
http://images.google.com.au/images?um=1&hl=en&q=inside+google+headquarter+&btnG=Search+Images

or just type - inside google headquarter and you will be facinated to see what happens inside google office. So what makes a dedicated IT office different from any other group of buildings and facilities?
The concept behind an 'IT village' would be to create an office environment for young students/people/ generation Y (that's you guys) who would love to work and play. Also physical reasons to create an IT village to provide-24 hour working environment (hence 24 hour power supply)- dedicated cabling for servers and terminals (facilities to house mainframe computers).- Reasons to stay at the centre for a long time- like free food (hence kitchen) for staff, games and fun all around the campus.- Location wise, on the main transport corridor and surely where the fast cable be connected to these offices.  Another writer says- “Beside the fun the students are having in Google during their visit, Google made 64% of the student felt being at home, perhaps on the common consensus that Google has a well-stocked pantry, at least 89% of the class perceived so.”

I hope these links help you understand more about the project you're into.

good luck.

samik' 
ASHRAF
Sat Dec 06 2008, 09:10pm
Thank you, for your HELP.
Samik
I am searching 2 or 3 this kind of project for case study with plan, section and image.
Can you or any one HELP ME PLEASE...
Plan ,section is very very important otherwise I can not understand the whole project, you know....
Image can not say everything......
Thanx again.
Reference
Wed Dec 17 2008, 05:57am
Registered Member #1249 Joined: Mon Dec 01 2008, 12:32am
: sydney
sorry to reply so late.

I hope you have found few examples/ case studies by this time. In the developed countries it is very hard to get plans open to public unless it is published in some books. Unfortunately I don't know any books which can help you with this. However I can give you two links to Googleplex building forms with which you can discuss where IT favoured offices really going to.
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=dc1bbf80420c32c93ef6c3befaca287e

http://valleywag.com/tech/google/25-things-to-see-at-the-googleplex-before-you-die-234103.php

I hope you will find them informative to your project.
will write more ...in the coming days when I am a bit free from submission.

Ref'
ASHRAF
Sat Dec 20 2008, 12:27pm
Thanks...
AaronDaymn
Tue Jan 29 2019, 01:09pm
Registered Member #11151 Joined: Sat Oct 20 2018, 08:21am
: Mexico
amoxil
1 2 3 4