Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: ArchSociety Service Desk :: Rethink ArchSociety!

« Previous topic | Next topic »
how to 'boom' & 'revive' archsociety???????
 1 2 3 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
admin
Sun Dec 10 2006, 01:41pm
Main Admin Registered Member #1 Joined: Sun Jul 31 2005, 06:24am
: virtual architecture ..!
I'm overwhelmed at everyone's concern. Archsociety is now really becoming 'ours'... all of our very own…. It’s booming…
Thanks to Atul for starting a thread like this. And thanks to all who are concerned about the development of archsociety’s web and physical activities.

I think tomorrow we are going to print all our posters (or you may call it 'stickers'). I’m thinking of three 16”X3” stickers will be printed in each A3 paper. Here is what I designed so far… 3 small posters in one A3:
Is it ok? Or should we go for full length posters in A3s?

1165758093 1 FT1373 Archsociety Stickers 1
Himel
Sun Dec 10 2006, 02:37pm
Registered Member #294 Joined: Mon Oct 16 2006, 05:10pm
: Dhaka
what is the meaning of left squares?
It looks like computer related forum or website. Can't u make it more architectural by using simple and bold elements?

i think if u print on digit 4 types printing shop it will be cost much. you can make 100 stickers by 300 taka. and that will be easy to put on wall and professional looking. I printed 500 sticker of my dhaka college website by 600 taka. I printed that from a press in Kataban. Edited Sun Dec 10 2006, 02:46pm
admin
Sun Dec 10 2006, 03:50pm
Main Admin Registered Member #1 Joined: Sun Jul 31 2005, 06:24am
: virtual architecture ..!
Good points Himel... Thanks.
The 'left squares' is the first logo of archsociety I designed one year ago and you see it's still in use. Hey why you don't try a new one? Make some logos for archsociety. Post them in Service Commentary as new logo proposals, let see what other people say.... everyone is most welcome for redesigning the logo.

(But one thing I don't believe one thing... that is the so-called adjective you used 'architectural'; I personally don't believe in the concept of being 'architectural' of anything. There's nothing called 'architectural' or non 'architectural'... only one parameter is there that is either something is ‘beautiful’ or something is ‘not beautiful’ that's it. Anyway... I had no intention of starting a debate about it in this thread.)

Many thanks for the printing information. We'll try that up. However, we want it to make it as soon as possible. Therefore we were thinking of printing them directly in A3 color printers, may be from Digit4. Lets see...

Himel
Sun Dec 10 2006, 04:20pm
i will suggest that , start a logo competition post. members will post logos and everyone will show that and give their oipinion and it will be selected by all members who view the post. no need to give prize for that. And u r now going to show your forum almost all students of architecture in dhaka, so it is better to correct all errors, other things u r going to improve etc before advertising. There is no hurry.

your forum speed is very fast. but i dont like the blue color. Can't it be changed by paste or light color? And the logo u designed can be more dinamic and interesting and inviting.
nirghum
Sun Dec 10 2006, 10:18pm
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
actually change is an obvious process to achieve betterment. but right at present i think we should be in field with whatever we have got. we can think of redesigning logo, banner or whatever but i suggest as this is the begining let us not wait for any thing that is not in our hand. let us start with what ever we have got. we will make it better next time. and sure the redesigning of logo or banners or poster is ofcourse appreciated.
rubelraf
Mon Dec 11 2006, 05:22pm
rubelraf
Admin Registered Member #12 Joined: Sat Sep 17 2005, 01:22pm
: Dhaka, Bangladesh

I agree with Himel in the point of "background color _ blue"

I would prefer white / silver as background color.

but, I like the inner blue tone....

Edited Mon Dec 11 2006, 05:27pm
atul
Tue Dec 12 2006, 06:38am
Registered Member #73 Joined: Wed Jul 12 2006, 10:32am
i think it shd be so unique and so powerful that anyone can recognize it by its color. say take pinkish HUTCH thing for example. or green/red (previous) for GRAMEEN.

can it be beautiful lemon green+white or something like yellow??

ROCK a SHOCCK ppl!!!
ROCK a SHOCCK !!!
Himel
Tue Dec 12 2006, 11:57am
i agree with Atul vai. It should be recognizable. And also should more designed. Cause this forum's design is very simple and architecture is a designed based subject. So when a people enter this forum he or she must think " how nice design. smart and sofisticated" but i am not telling to make very funky with flash. cause that is very time killing.
 1 2 3 

Go to: