1 2 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
bamboo
Tue Dec 12 2006, 01:57pm Print
Registered Member #215 Joined: Sun Sep 10 2006, 08:10pm
: Dhaka
HERE BAMBOO COMES WITH NEW BAMBOO FOR ALL
Now a days i am really confused about the goal of ARCHSOCIETY. i know many new members are loggin in, but most of them are not aware of the rules and the goal why they came here. i want to say some bad sides, some good sides and will dare to give some suggestion.

good:
members increasing
some new steps like architecture directory, advertising, new logo, physical meeting.
some active dedicated members

bad:
the bangla adda ghor must be stoped. we have too many IM to share our personal feeling or poems or the distings. many of the students are just interested in B A G but not in other forums. it should not be a page whr we can share our personal feelings. it must be more public
before designing a good cover we must put something good inside it. archsociety still does not have a healthy data store. so before being concerned about logo or page design lets do something for library or directory first.
though many new threads are being posted, but the posters r very few against the number of posts. so some steps should be taken to increase the number of posters.
like bangla adda ghor real time chat box can be a suicidal decision.

I AM EXTREMELY SORRY BEACAUSE THE "BANGLA ADDA GHOR" WAS CREATED AFTER MY "BAMBOO" POST. AND NOW I AM WRITING AGAINST IT.

ARCHSOCIETY MEMBERS
JUST DONT INCREASE THE NUMBER OF THE MEMBER LIST BY BEING A MEMBER. BE A MEMBER WHEN U REALLY FEEL TO DO SOMETHING FOR ARCHSOCIETY. THIS PAGE CAN GIVE A LOT.

I KNOW A BANGLA ADDA GHOR POST INCREASES TO 8/9 PAGES. BUT THIS PAGE WILL DIE BEFORE 1/2 PAGE. VIEW WILL BE 100+ BUT REPLIES 1-3.

VERY VERY UNFORTUNATE WHO DOES NOT REALIZE THIS.
rubelraf
Tue Dec 12 2006, 04:59pm
rubelraf
Admin Registered Member #12 Joined: Sat Sep 17 2005, 01:22pm
: Dhaka, Bangladesh

BAMBOO's suggestions are good/may be effective when emplimented.....

BUT, nothing will happen 36 1 6 36 1 46 36 1 30 unless "Latest Discussion Topics"
in the home page is filtered/modefied/vanished.

I have shouted many times, but could not make anyone aware of the fact. maybe that was my failure.......

see some examples.....>>>
http://www.archsociety.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?782

Edited Tue Dec 12 2006, 05:07pm
Unknown
Tue Dec 12 2006, 05:32pm
SmileyCentral.com
i think bamboo is right, we are now used to disting SmileyCentral.com all the time and want to disting all the time, but we are doing nothing for the society really.
i'm also sad
SmileyCentral.com
atul
Wed Dec 13 2006, 04:06pm
Registered Member #73 Joined: Wed Jul 12 2006, 10:32am
unfortuantely there are many who likes to talk but exceptionally reluctant to talk atleast talk at the forum, that is why the very forum is not respondng that way which was expected.

i dont agree with many things alike the first poster.say, the goal is still very clear, i think its abt globalizing architectural community, and enhancing its potential by discussions and sharing, but see, by stopping B A G it wd be more regimental abt things in a forum, atleast..bangla adda ghor can b so much personalized and cheered, people shd understand, as we have good number of bangali ppl in it and and it needs a bangla thread room to speak out if things getting boring. and bangla is not isolated since many years, its the 6th or 7th lang. i hope, so if people are so much concerned to knw those diaries and poem thing, they shd bother to knw bangla, kindly take it.

by the way, im still dont knw why the data store is not being given importance. and people are not disciplined in doing that.

i guess this thread will evoke awareness and speculations. and arrangements of a particular thing, a meeting.

and i shd b asking one thing, how bamboo infact suppporting the forum, only but the critics?????
i dint see bamboo lately.
here i guess neo, rubel raf,nirghum,nirghum, recently himel, yasir one particular time...has been prolific in their actions. so where are you???
???
being in sadness do nothing. do!!!!

this is probably practicing smthing bad, without doing the same asking ppl to do. "to me".
atul
Wed Dec 13 2006, 04:28pm
and one more thing, as i have faith in it and being optimistic always, i talk less about the bad things. i wont believe in forums not having comfortable chat threads, easy gossips, funny junks. i believe the main scope shdnt be ruined thru it, if ruined it wd be the immaturity of the members, as they cudnt control. they are spoon fed!! !

im always straight, so kindly bother to argue.
rubelraf
Wed Dec 13 2006, 06:12pm
rubelraf
Admin Registered Member #12 Joined: Sat Sep 17 2005, 01:22pm
: Dhaka, Bangladesh
atul wrote ...

and i shd b asking one thing, how bamboo infact suppporting the forum, only but the critics?????
i dint see bamboo lately.
here i guess neo, rubel raf,nirghum,nirghum, recently himel, yasir one particular time...has been prolific in their actions. so where are you??? ???
being in sadness do nothing. do!!!!
this is probably practicing smthing bad, without doing the same asking ppl to do. "to me".

I do not agree with atul at this point.
I think
"BAMBOO" is a good critic

I believe that he/she has another account[active] and he/she is a regular member.

I would like to encourage 36 1 11 "BAMBOO" to share his/her criticism ....

Edited Wed Dec 13 2006, 06:17pm
atul
Wed Dec 13 2006, 08:02pm
this is nice a move. if not s/he was over critical. while i guess the time frame was not that big enough [nearly 6months] after this forum estblished. right??

inshallah evrything will b fine, finer and finest
NEO
Thu Dec 14 2006, 06:42am
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
Good points Bamboo. I appreciate, though not everything.
Here are my opinions towards your points as a general member of archsociety:
First of all the goal of archsociety is very clear. There’s no confusion, no doubt. The goal is to make archsociety as the biggest platform of knowledge sharing for architects and students in the glob, virtually in online and even in physical activities. One day archsociety herself will be able to arrange conferences and gatherings may be larger than ARCASIA or CAA. And it will become the largest database of information of contemporary architecture and arhi education. We just have to ‘believe’ in these… and the days are definitely coming in near future.

1. BAG is awesome. BAG is the breathing room of archsociety. Architecture is a subject which requires tremendous emotional attachment. And often when we try to get attached with a design emotionally we become frustrated, overwhelmed, crazy…
Then we need a place where I can get some people who’ll understand our emotional state and crisis. I think for this purpose Bangla Adda Ghor is a necessary part of archsociety.

But it is definitely true that if people don’t participate in the ‘core’ forums and just talk in B A G then it is very pathetic.

No more time now… writing more soon.. coming back.
1 2 

Go to: