« Previous topic | Next topic »
Falling Water: Creative Location for Meetings and Events
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
NEO
Thu Dec 21 2006, 01:11pm Print
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
The masterpiece work by Frank Lloyd Wright Falling Water at Bear Run Pennsylvania is becoming one of the most favorite meeting and social places nowadays.

Few days ago (7th December) on the birthday of Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie took him to this fabulous place… and this visit was his birthday gift from Jolie. “Brad said he had wanted to experience Fallingwater ever since he took an architectural history course in college,” Fallingwater’s Curator of Education Cara Armstrong said. “He and I talked quite a bit about design and art. He was incredibly well informed about architecture.”
See the photo

Here is another exclusive photo, Tom Hanks (another architecture fan of Hollywood) with few of his friends (Ron Howard and Dennis Miller pictured with Fallingwater's Director Lynda Waggoner) took a visit to Falling Water in July of this year.
(Photo and information from paconserve.org )

Edited Thu Dec 21 2006, 01:13pm
fusion
Thu Dec 21 2006, 02:57pm
Registered Member #298 Joined: Thu Oct 26 2006, 06:16am
: gulshan, dhaka
glad to hear architecture is expressing itself without architect.
being an architecture student we should proud of it. (specially for my favourite arch. F.L. Wright)
aliza
Sat Dec 23 2006, 06:06pm
Registered Member #68 Joined: Thu Jul 06 2006, 06:28am
: dhaka
thats great to know...i didnt know....
nirghum
Mon Dec 25 2006, 05:29pm
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
Tom Hanks : is a master in his field. and you know if you want to entertain a master of any field, you got to be master in your field.
only a master painting can entertain a master architect.
so the tune or songs from master's can only entertain a poet.
thus the building is a place to be, to the celebretity like tom hanks. i first came to know about this building from this archsociety.com itself. and then gone through these sites.

Fallingwater

Fallingwater Intro
http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/Fallingwater.html

i can remember that to reply many a thread here in archsociety, i have mentioned the refferences of greatbuildings sites. by this time i think you people already have an habit to search there. before taking any initiative with designing you should have a look on them. Edited Mon Dec 25 2006, 05:40pm
idasanka
Sun Jan 30 2022, 03:57am
Registered Member #17236 Joined: Sat Jan 29 2022, 02:15pm
: davao
Very helpful and good value as well. Will definitely use them again

bee removal

Go to: