Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: Campus - Event - Activities :: Events & News Talks

« Previous topic | Next topic »
University Student's Photography Competition ( Organised by NSU)
 1 2 3 4  last
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
Himel
Thu Jan 25 2007, 03:07am
Registered Member #294 Joined: Mon Oct 16 2006, 05:10pm
: Dhaka
but doesnt this thing have a theme? its going to be so hard to pick among anything without a theme.
Dear Etipuf,

I think its easy if there is no theme. So you can submitt photographs which have clicked by you before the hearing of competition news. Like I have some good photographs ( i think) which i am going to submitt were clicked by few years ago. If there would be a theme they may not suite with the theme But you know there are some sectoins :

1. Action
2. Architecture
3. Landscape
4. Nature
5. Lifestyle
6. Portrait
7. Still Life

but how do i get to represent my university? have any of you participated this before, what did you tell this student affairs office? ours is usually not helpful with anything and i dont think theyd even understand if i said i wanted to represent istanbul tech
my university gives a legally signed and stamped letter proving that im a student there, is this representation thing there to prove that im a student or do i really have to go and say hey i think im great and i want to represent you succesfully in bangladesh?

I think its is not about representation in sense of you are thinking. It may be for varification if you are really from that university or not. So you can go to your authority and tell them give me a letter which shows that i am a student of your university. And the perticipant number from foreign university is much.

Download thisBrochure to know detail. As our university is in semester break and i am not an active member of photography club i am unable to givine u 100% correct information. So please mail to the persons email adress given on the website and brochure to know correct information.

i wish i could see the exhibition at the end, sounds like it would be great and diverse, and it is for charity

Dont worry, I will take some photographs of the running exhibition and send you by mail. And its a great exhibitoin. It always crowded with university student's joy. And interesting matter is that there were lots of picture sold. Edited Thu Jan 25 2007, 03:12am
atul
Thu Jan 25 2007, 08:33am
Registered Member #73 Joined: Wed Jul 12 2006, 10:32am
im very much interested in sending some.
himel contact me, im in a bit rush of work.
tell me the deadlines.
sorry i dont hav internet now, hopefully u wanna help me bud!
Himel
Thu Jan 25 2007, 09:36am
deadline is probably 20 february, written on university poster ( may be updated). University will open Sunday 28 January. Then I will be able to know the correct deadline.

I think Brac university also made a selection commity to submitt there pics. So you may have to send pics by them.
etipuf
Thu Jan 25 2007, 09:41am
Registered Member #430 Joined: Sat Jan 06 2007, 09:30pm
: istanbul
thanks a lot himel, i hoped it was for verification
i downloaded the broschure before i posted those and it is where i got the idea i had to "represent" my university because a maximum of 20 photos per university are allowed
for example i told people about this and a friend of mine might also participate and what if we send more then 20 photos? well, we wont actually he'll tell me if he participates for sure
and another lot of thanks for the offer on sending me photos of the exhibit, that should be great:)
well i e mailed them with my school domain yesterday so ill get an answer for sure soon
etipuf
Thu Jan 25 2007, 09:44am
about the deadlines, the brochure says;
Confirmation of participation by E-mail
from an official address of the institution 31st January, 2007
Confirmation of participation on an official pad 5th February, 2007
Photograph submission at NSUPC office 11th to 15th February, 2007
Last date of photograph submission and registration 15th February, 2007
looks like youll need to verify you will participate until the 5th of february
Himel
Thu Jan 25 2007, 09:57am
sorry etipuf, as our university is not open and i am busy with set up my studion and preparation for the new semester, so i am not going to university and know the correct deadline.
But i think you should work for selection of your pictures. you may be click new pictures now. And after reading the brochure thoroughly you should go for have the representaion letter from your university quickly as the deadline is very neerer for foreign student.
etipuf
Thu Jan 25 2007, 10:32am
well i already e mailed them with my official .edu.tr school adress so my next deadline seems to be the 5th
im in the mountain climbing club and am going to ala mountains to the south of turkey tonight, im taking a camera with me for the first time, ill come back with beautiful landscapes and nature photos and rock that contest
wish you ease with your studio and the whole picking photos thing himel:)
atul
Thu Jan 25 2007, 11:40am
Registered Member #73 Joined: Wed Jul 12 2006, 10:32am
IM ALREADY finished my university. but i dint get my convocations. can i participate in this transition. or is it for the students only??
 1 2 3 4  last

Go to: