first  2 3 4 5 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
nirghum
Sat Feb 03 2007, 07:58pm
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
On my last vacation,
I went to my grand ma’s house. at mid night I was talking to a construction labor .
Sitting under a mango tree.
He was talking of the pain of construction labors, those who work in capital ,that is Dhaka.
After so much of study under finest university, and having a experience of 3 year of business, after graduation, I found my self that I have got nothing to do with the situation.
I can plan nothing, which can ease the construction labor’s pain.

Now lets look at the labors house, his house is just perfect. Perfectly build. Well solved by all the way.

So what im trying to figure out is what the architect people are planning. To accomplish their plan, labor are involved and they feel it’s a painful job. Very less paying, high risk involved, such and such
But the village they are from, and their own house- without any involvement of architects, civil or any kind of certified professional, it is well solved. And the nature are best kept.

That day sitting within numbers of mango trees, I thought the capital development should stopped right at once. They should learn from you how to live. Or at least how a residential area should be.

I know what you are thinking, its impossible 

Edited Sat Feb 03 2007, 08:04pm
etipuf
Sat Feb 03 2007, 08:17pm
Registered Member #430 Joined: Sat Jan 06 2007, 09:30pm
: istanbul
i guess architects are trying to find other ways than the ones that are proven to work to solve the same problem, which is nice, diversity and artistic improvement and all, but in many cases they either do worse or copy the vernacular under the name of inspiration
in my university construction site internship is mandatory and we get classes on how the actual construction happens because it is a technical university with practical emphasis, but still, considering that about 70-80% of the students in my faculty are girls and that they end up in fancy design offices that they wear high heels to, that doesnt seem to help with the empathy. some guy from a class was teasing girls saying "ok is she going to wear all that make up on her construction internship? cant imagine any of these actually helping the labor"
NEO
Sun Feb 04 2007, 11:03am
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
Very nice landscape, Etipuf! I wish if I could be there once! Actually a flatland people like me has a deep fascination for hills.
Once I heard a word 'girls are not very fit for architecture', once I shouted against it. But nowadays it seems true for many reasons. (Please no hard feelings, I didn't mean to hurt the girls in architecture.. I believe one day they will make this word a lie, waiting for that revolution).
etipuf
Sun Feb 04 2007, 12:48pm
well since most people who study architecture here are girls they somehow have to be fit, but id agree if you just said they are not fit for the construction part. as for the conceptual and design sections, i think we're doing pretty well though:)
i thought an extension of the himalayas were in your country (wish to be there someday) but i just googled it and they are not. well ive learned something today.
atul
Wed Feb 07 2007, 09:44pm
Registered Member #73 Joined: Wed Jul 12 2006, 10:32am
: Dhaka
we got honourary mention for these dezn, its a bit vernacular and contextual.
i guess i can afford to share this.im afraid i cant find any pic rite now..but
ill inshallah!

wishes.
etipuf
Wed Feb 07 2007, 09:57pm
looking forward to the pics atul
rubelraf
Tue May 01 2007, 05:13pm
rubelraf
Admin Registered Member #12 Joined: Sat Sep 17 2005, 01:22pm
: Dhaka, Bangladesh

I think... this link... might... be helpful....

http://www.archsociety.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?2630.last

etipuf
Tue May 01 2007, 05:18pm
yes ive been following that thread
thanks a lot rubel- nice work by the way, im working on a urban design/preservation policy project in balaban now and need to come up with ideas on enchancing the mud housing pattern. this stuff is especially interesting to me
first  2 3 4 5 

Go to: