Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: ArchSociety Service Desk :: Rethink ArchSociety!

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Be a part of the archsociety development team
1 2 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
admin
Mon Aug 21 2006, 01:27pm Print
Main Admin Registered Member #1 Joined: Sun Jul 31 2005, 06:24am
: virtual architecture ..!
Be a part of the development of archsociety
Have you people looked back ever to your life that what you have done within these days of your life? If not, then take a minute to look back to your life-time-achievements….
How would you feel if you got something in your life-time-achievements list like ‘having an article written or collected by you published in a website’? It would great, I think.

Be a contributor in 'Archsociety Digital Library' & 'Downloads Section'
Archsociety requests to her every member to share their digital resources and to collect information and articles to publish in the ‘Archsociety Digital Library’.

You can submit articles on works of architects, your successful studio projects, theory courses’ class notes in our digital library section. Or you may donate your digital resources like important CAD drawings or 3dSMax or Sketch-up models for our ‘Downloads’ section.
Who are interested to participate in the development of ‘Digital Library’ or ‘Downloads’ section just post a reply to this thread, I’ll knock you and tell you how to do the next jobs.

Be a part of the Archsociety News Desk
We are also looking for some smart people for our News section. Who’s job will be to collect and publish architectural and art related news from allover the glob. I’ll supply you some important places in the internet from where you can collect global news, and of course we mostly appreciate local news of jury, competitions exhibition etc. reported and photographed by yourself.
People who are interested in joining in ‘archociety news desk’ put a reply in this thread.. I’ll knock you in time.
Thanks for everyone’s active participation.

Edited Wed Nov 22 2006, 09:55pm
Yasir
Tue Aug 22 2006, 01:39am
Registered Member #138 Joined: Sun Aug 13 2006, 01:56am
: chennai
knock knock!! hi i am interested buddy..
admin
Tue Aug 22 2006, 11:15am
Yasir,
Thanks for your knock. Would you please be more specific about your interest? I mean, which section you would like to work in? 'Digital Library' or 'Downloads' or 'Archsociety News Desk' or 'Discussion Forum Maintenance' or everywhere?
Mind it... the works are truely different in different sections.
Yasir
Thu Aug 24 2006, 12:42am
Registered Member #138 Joined: Sun Aug 13 2006, 01:56am
: chennai
actually i m not aware of the sort of wrk in any section.... downloads section or discussion forum maintenance could do... can u explain what kind of wrk it will be...? insha allaah will try my bst!!
admin
Sat Aug 26 2006, 03:14pm
Ok, thanks once again for your interest.
Let me explain about the possible works in the different sections.
Archsociety Digital Library
Here we publish different thing whichever helpful for the students and architects. Till date this is the most undeveloped part of archsociety against our expectations. Archsociety believe in 'open source' concept for any content. Whatever we'll get helpful for other we'll publish those through our digital library.
How does it work? We want to publish 'architects works', 'students works' 'theory class notes' and 'architectural reading materials'. If you have any kind of things like this you may submit those things in archsociety. It will be published with your name as the author or collector of the content.
You can give your own project also for publication. If you have any class notes or scanned books composed in text of course you can donate those too. This type of contribution to the digital library section will be treated as the most honored work for archsociety community.

Forum Moderation
First of all here 'moderation' doesn't mean ruling or just editing the forum posts by other. Rather the most important role of forum moderator is to keep the forum live. If anyone seek for any help regarding anything they should try to help them first. Answering to all the active forum threads is also a duty for them.
And obviously deleting spam post, editing explicit contents from any writings, erasing unnecessary chat box post etc.
Keep posting in forums and gather experience. And if you are interested then we may make you a moderator.

Downloads Section
Whenever we get something valuable digital resources for the students we try to supply those through the download section. I think you have already noticed that the download section is increasing it's contents gradually.
But the thing is how much we can do alone? If you people are getting help from the Downloads Section then why not you are also contributing to it with your digital resources?
The work for this section is collecting or donating resources like pdf e-books related to architecture, rendering resources for AutoCAD, 3DSMax or Sketch-Up. If anyone have anything they can submit those thing using the upload option.
The work of download moderators is to creating download pages in the database so that the uploaded content can be downloaded by the other member. If anyone wants to work in this section I'll show them how to do it.

These are the general works. Things are getting tough day by day to handle all these things alone. We need help.
Thanks to all members who are interested to work with us.
admin
Wed Nov 15 2006, 09:04am
I'm still in search of people... now specially for news editing...
Is there anyone who wishes to handle a large number of architectural news sent to him/her everyday....? The work will be finding out important news from the list.... reading them up in detail, rewriting them in a new way for archsociety news publication, submitting it through the news submit option, that’s it.
Raise your hands dudes.....
Himel
Wed Nov 22 2006, 04:22pm
Registered Member #294 Joined: Mon Oct 16 2006, 05:10pm
: Dhaka
ok. i can submitt students project, class notes, etc. by the process we can make a short online architecture course with basic things. let me know what should i have to do? will i be paid for it? Do i have to upload everyday? I am interested.
admin
Wed Nov 22 2006, 08:28pm
Still Archsociety has no plan of payment for contents submission. All contents are to be submitted as ‘donations’. The content donators will just get the proud and achievement in return (what I wrote at the beginning of this thread).
Till now if anyone submit any article or news or anything he/she will be honored as the ‘content donator’ for archsociety. Of course all submitted contents will go through a thorough check for it’s quality assurance. We’ll publish anything as ‘content’ only then when we’ll be sure of it’s quality and the source ( forum rule4 is applicable).
All submissions are most welcome.

But in future archsociety may be able to pay for submitted contents. We can make some strategies for income and payment system. Share your ideas, regarding it.
Edited Wed Nov 22 2006, 08:29pm
1 2 

Go to: