1 2 3 4  last
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
abera
Tue Mar 25 2008, 05:07pm Print
Registered Member #961 Joined: Tue Mar 25 2008, 04:52pm
: lahore
aoa
i m doing my thesis on art institute,, i need some suggetions regarding hw should i proceed in my design concept,,
nirghum
Tue Mar 25 2008, 07:35pm
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
check out the great design of 'Muzharul Islam' at

http://www.muzharulislam.com/

more precisely

http://www.muzharulislam.com/projects/fine_arts_institute_dhaka.html

i think you will have a sound idea.
abera
Wed Mar 26 2008, 04:05pm
thanx a lot,,, my current work is based on the idea that on what issues or what we can say points an art institute is differnt from any other univesity,, ( i have case studies as well, of local and international aswell)
my first approach is communal spaces,, second concept of work spaces according to the requirements,,, third is how to relate in door and out door,, what further i should look forwad in your point of view,,
thanxx alot for ur consideration,,waiting for the reply,tc
ALLAH HAFIZ
NEO
Wed Mar 26 2008, 08:09pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
Take a deep breath......
Clear up your brain, absolutely! Become a primitive bush-man of an African jungle!
What would you make drawing a picture? The starting of drawing something is somewhat out of strong feelings. Strong feelings or religious rituals made people draw something or paint.
Later people started painting for the emperors, for churches or temples. It became a profession. However at the end all kinds of art (including our architecture!) still depend on the strong feelings or emotions of the artists. The intension and the feelings of an artist during he draws something determine how the painting will be at the end. The each stroke of brush portrays his heart on the canvas.

So the environments in which the painter work or learn to paint determine the quality of his works on canvas at the end. This is the core importance of an art institute to an artist.
Architects should play on the emotional changes through spaces in art institutes. The environment will determine how they will feel, even how they will draw. The architecture will affect their feeling; it will inspire them to think. The beauty, diversity, serenity of the spaces will trigger them to create positive art works.

There should be places which will make them amazed when the breeze blows through the foliages, places where they can enjoy the rain, the sun, the shadows, the chirping of birds… where they can share their thoughts, can gather together, can start an open air exhibition, can shout against bad and for good, can start movements to change the whole world…….
So the environment should be that much touchy and inspiring.

Nirhgum gave a good link for you. Bangladeshi Architect Muzharul Islam’s Fine Arts Institute in Dhaka is one his greatest works. Few examples may give a clear notion of the success of this architecture. All the cultural activities in Dhaka University area are raised from this institute. The students of this institute are those people who give the first yell against any bad thing in the country… they gather.. they share… they think and they paint…. To me that’s the real success of this institute.
In the website the drawings this project are in very low resolution. If you need drawings in better resolution let me know… I have some to send you.

So to sum up what I said: “An art Institute needs spaces, environments which inspire an artist to paint for good, where he’s inspired from the environment to paint, he’s not painting for just earning grades or money, spaces which make him a better human being”.
Edited Wed Mar 26 2008, 08:13pm
abera
Thu Mar 27 2008, 06:39am
THANX ALOT,,
ur points are extremely valid and i will look forward to that,
i have download the plans of the art institute of bangladesh but as u said they r of low resulotion, so if u have original dwgs and u can send me, it would be a great,
can i discuss my work with refrence to my drawings , the work which i have done, any suggestions that u can give,, etc, if is easily manageable for u,
abera
Sun Mar 30 2008, 03:24pm
hi! Neo u had told that you have original cad file of Bangladesh art institue, if u can please send me that file i will be very gratefull,
regards
abera
Himel
Sun Mar 30 2008, 03:42pm
Registered Member #294 Joined: Mon Oct 16 2006, 05:10pm
yes neo please upload that CAD file here
NEO
Mon Mar 31 2008, 04:48pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
Sorry, Muzharul Islam's drawings are subject to copyright of the Muzharul Islam Foundation. I requested the organization about publishing high resolution drawings of Muzharul Islam's works in ArchSociety.
Architect Nurur Rahman Khan (authorized person regarding this issue) told to contact him directly to avail high resolution drawings of Muzharul Islam's drawings. I sent the contacts of N.R. Khan to Abera via PM.
I request her to contact N. R. Khan for the drawing.
1 2 3 4  last

Go to: