Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: Campus - Event - Activities :: Plinth of Campuses

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Private University VS BUET ( why VS?? ) (Why class distinction in Architecture?)
1 2 3 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
Unknown
Tue Aug 26 2008, 05:50pm Print
private university vs public university is always a hot topic. we dont want any class distinction between architects. but unfortunately........ 

so let us talk about it. please share your opinion. 

do we need architects who will do good architecture for us or we will only weigh up their certificate.

Himel
Thu Aug 28 2008, 07:15am
Registered Member #294 Joined: Mon Oct 16 2006, 05:10pm
: Dhaka
You will get very few good Architect in 5 years. Cause, teachers will not let you to do new things in your studio projects. They always try to catch mistakes from your projects and always give examples of other projects, but don't think on your project that if it is possible to be build or if it will be a good architecture or not. Please remember that there are a huge difference between Architect and teacher of Architecture. Teachers of Architecture are generally not practicing Architects. They get up in the morning and go to University and check student's project and try to catch mistakes as much as possible. Even Most of them didn't build any real life building yet. They are very lazy types of people and stupid also. But the practicing Architects are bravo. They are facing the risks of building a Structure and lots of things. So, The answer of your question is, we ofcourse need good architects. No one is born by arhchitect. But sometimes teachers don't help them to develop their Architectural marit. When A teacher will give courage to a student to make new Architecture forgeting all the ego and gealousy , can give true opinion about good Architecture ( sometimes teachers don't give honest opinion about good architecture if that structure was designed by his enemy) then student will have confident to make new things and also will be helpful for human beings. I didn't see any steps in Bangladesh Architecture that will help general people, All the structures are building is for Rich man and all Architects are running for money. Edited Thu Aug 28 2008, 07:16am
Unknown
Thu Aug 28 2008, 12:34pm
himel........ thank for participating. unfortunately when i was checking this thread saw only one reply out of 27 views. anyways my question is not about teachers my question is 'does really the education differs between private university and public university??
Himel
Thu Aug 28 2008, 05:00pm
yes it differs. Public university teachers are more lazy than private university.... heh heh heh
dan
Sat Aug 30 2008, 07:37am
Registered Member #19 Joined: Sun Oct 23 2005, 06:37am
: Dhaka-1217
Himel, I like you as an active member of archsociety, that's why my request to you is PLEASE be very much careful about what "statement" or rather personal opinion you write in an international forum like archsociety's... Anyone may write their opinion but that should not be something like a "statement", which may give an overall idea about the teachers in our community. I hope you understand what im trying to say. Moreover, "Teachers" are teachers-- whether they're architects or some school teacher WE MUST have some respect for them no matter how much we dont like them personally, I guess that is what our parents teach us from our family. Anyways, regarding what you wrote__"......don't think on your project that if it is possible to be build or if it will be a good architecture or not." firstly, we get admitted in an arch school to learn architecture, if we already knew how to do it we wouldnt be getting into a school. **THOUGH there are a few teachers who DO NOT have the quality to be a teacher so they fail to teach and inspire the students. Like every other arch students I, myself was a victim of particular teacher too. But afterall  she/he was my teacher..had to work accordingly.
An ideal teacher is more like our parent, they scold us and punish us in their own way (often we dont like that) but the "intention" is always for our betterment. We should firmly believe that whatever they are saying about our design, is obviously to make it better. Teachers in Architecture must be a good critic otherwise how would we decide the "norm & ethics" of
architecture???!!!

secondly,u wrote___ " ...Please remember that there are a huge difference between Architect and teacher of Architecture. Teachers of Architecture are generally not practicing Architects"

That is totally not true. Architects like Shamsul Wares sir, Bashirul Haq sir, Nahas Khalil sir , Nurur Rahman Khan sir , Rafiq Azam sir etc THEY ARE THE ULTIMATE TEACHERS and the  some of leading architects too. They inspire us, scold us extremely,
guide us to make our dreams come true!!!

I got all of these architects as my teachers, I truely believe that what i have learnt so far is only because of them.. Today ive passed my B.Arch degree but still dont consider myself as an architect; Im not successfull or do not earn a lot of money , did no constructions...still lot to know lots to learn.. which makes me nothing. But only because of these TEACHERS I believe and have that strength within me that one day will be able to walk on their pathways.. n contribute to the architecture world!!! ("Inshallah" )

Himel,,,,i guess its been a long lecture for you.. but I wrote all these out my personal experiences and did write these cause you seems to be frustrated cause of teachers. PLs dont be so..because architecture is a dream,which comes true only with the help of our teachers!!!
but also becareful about the harmful ones.. just show your patience and over come your hard times. Take care . wish you all the best.smile.png

dan
Sat Aug 30 2008, 08:16am
Hey mrs ahsan.. thanks to you for creating such a thread i completely agree with you. Though Ive been lucky enough not to face such class distinction. But there are actually a lot of arch students around us who are suffering cause they dont have this tag from BUET! unfortunately where ever i go out of our architecture community, when i say that im an architect, the first question they ask is__ from BUET?? :S :S which gets on my nerve!! Moreover in govt services BUET obviously gets the first preference. I really hope that ppl get out of this vague idea about arch students of BUET and realize that now a days architects from private universities are far more smarter and capable to handle everything!! How will i comment on others whereas our university does not take their own product without masters. But they grab even low standard students of BUET as teachers.Here I mean "low standard" by the "quality of teaching" and extra passion for architecture and teaching.. "low standard" not in terms of GPA.. anyways.. I also wish to read more comments under this thread..
Himel
Sat Aug 30 2008, 12:49pm
I said that teachers of Architecture are not GENERALLY practiciing architects. So, I told that those who are not practicing architect but teaching all the time in the university are....special.png..

"Architects like Shamsul Wares sir, Bashirul Haq sir, Nahas Khalil sir , Nurur Rahman Khan sir , Rafiq Azam sir etc THEY ARE THE ULTIMATE TEACHERS and the  some of leading architects too. They inspire us, scold us extremely,guide us to make our dreams come true!!!"   They are practicing architect and teacher also. So, They are very good and bravo. I didn't tell them stupid. They are very good. I heared their lectures and they give speaches very well and they really knows well. They are the master architects of Bangladesh.
Edited Sat Aug 30 2008, 12:50pm
dan
Sun Aug 31 2008, 06:13am
:) yess they are the MASTERS and our adorable teachers too....
1 2 3 

Go to: