Forums

1 2 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
Tahoon
Thu Oct 12 2006, 02:54am Print
Registered Member #286 Joined: Thu Oct 12 2006, 02:36am
: Cairo,Egypt
i m an a egyptain architect and i m seeking some advice and guidance for doing my post graduate studies , im palnning on doing this outside of egypt (UK ,USA,Canada) in fact I cant afford to fund the whole proocess by myself - too bad huh but i cant just quit - and so im looking for a scholarship or a way to do it in partime accompanied with my professional career going on the rest of the day , i am gaining some ground in professional carrere in egypt
and i would like to know if taht can be of any help .

i also would like to point out that my gradaution garde was not excellent or good but of course that doesnt mean that im not a good architect ,only a good architect that was not so keen on the grade at that time.
Please feel free yo cntact me her is my msn Account
(Ahmad_tahoon@hotmail.com) Edited Fri Oct 13 2006, 03:18pm
NEO
Fri Oct 13 2006, 03:16pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
All you need is a healthy portfolio and some important references from famous teachers or architects of your school or your country.
Most of the good architecture schools don't call for big number of CGPA. Most of the universities' minimum requirement is 3 out of 4.
But, every university gives priority on handsome portfolio and references. Suppose if you can manage a reference of Moshe Shafdi of your country.... it will be definite that every university will give you scholarship without seeing anything else.
mujtaba
Fri Oct 13 2006, 03:35pm
Registered Member #14 Joined: Tue Sep 20 2005, 08:54pm
: Honolulu, HI
I think that is an understatement. I believe one should earnestly ask oneself what one expects to gain from a higher degree. Maybe that usually answers which university and program is appropriate to satisfy that goal. The goal statement and its fit with the university's program might be an important element. Typical M.Arch and Ph.Ds don't much help with practical design. Someone who does not intend to work in an academic environment (such as teaching) perhaps, may not prefer to pursue these degrees. A better alternative is to train under renowned architects or attend training workshops.
Tahoon
Sat Oct 14 2006, 02:32am
Registered Member #286 Joined: Thu Oct 12 2006, 02:36am
: Cairo,Egypt
Thank u Both for your quick respons .you were realy usefull and enlighting , of course i a have certain subjects moving inside of my headtaht i would love to go further studying .but i have few points to point out here before we go furthur in this discussion. first of all it came to my kmowledge if u re a looking for scholarship ,the schloarship donnors are definning what your program will be. .the second point is i am looking at the whole Process of doing my post graduate as an experience that wil be enlighting and hoping that it will open other dimensions for me as astudent and in my professional practice . the last point i would like to point out that the concept of profesional vs. academic is too old now and its beginning to change at least i hope so .(why do we have to do academic studies in the first place if its not going to push us further for a better design .(i know the statement is kind of flat but i hope u get the idea behind it )
NEO
Wed Nov 01 2006, 10:13pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
Tahoon, what are you going to do at last?
idasanka
Sun Jan 30 2022, 04:39am
Registered Member #17236 Joined: Sat Jan 29 2022, 02:15pm
: davao
glad i found this site!

maternity photographer
geebranzy
Mon Jan 31 2022, 09:11am
Registered Member #17235 Joined: Sat Jan 29 2022, 10:34am
: Bethany delaware
Best of luck to you!
bath remodel rochester ny