Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: ArchSociety Service Desk :: Rethink ArchSociety!

Members' Profile pages are now public (edited)
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
admin
Thu Nov 02 2006, 05:46pm Print
Main Admin Registered Member #1 Joined: Sun Jul 31 2005, 06:24am
: virtual architecture ..!
I think you have noticed already that unless you log in to archsociety.com you can't see any of the members' profile pages.
But for some unavoidable reasons we are going to make the members' profile pages 'public' in near future. That means soon all the members’ profiles will be accessible to all, no one even will need not to log in to see any members profile.
So you please check your profile now and be sure that there's no information which you don't want to share in public. Especially there’s an option to hide your email address from public. You can do it from the ‘settings’ in the log in menu after you logged in. People who want to hide their email address do it within next 5 days, as we are going to do the modification just after 5 days from this post has been published.

If you have any comment or query related to this please post reply to this thread now. We are ready to help you.
Edited Fri Feb 16 2007, 01:06am
nirghum
Fri Nov 03 2006, 08:23pm
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
i think every one will love to go publick.
as alll the person here will love to represent theirself as an architect or gona-be one.
so this way search engines can find you as a person related to architecture. and who dont love to spread one's name through out the globe.

here you can play a game. search buy your nick in the googl search. now you cant find any match from archsociety. but when the profoles goes public. then you can find result returned by google. isnt it amazing to see that google returns your profile as search result. im waiting to see my nick return some result after a google search. thanks
admin
Mon Nov 06 2006, 04:07pm
Members' Profile pages have been public from today as it was declared.
If still anyone need any help regarding this. Reply to this thread, or PM me.
atul
Mon Nov 06 2006, 10:44pm
Registered Member #73 Joined: Wed Jul 12 2006, 10:32am
: Dhaka
hav i got my help dear admin yet??
admin
Mon Nov 06 2006, 11:04pm
Yeah, I have hidden your 'email address' your 'real name' and your 'physical address' from the profile.
The entry 'University' is an important part of our database functionality... it is not possible to remove right now. If you want to talk about it further knock me by PM (as you don't want share your info in public).

You get a link after log-in inside the login panel called 'Settings'. By clicking on it you can manage your profile. Edited Wed Nov 08 2006, 01:11am
atul
Tue Nov 07 2006, 12:21am
Registered Member #73 Joined: Wed Jul 12 2006, 10:32am
: Dhaka
i thank you.
very mcuh.
admin.
admin
Wed Nov 08 2006, 08:28pm
All the email addresses from all membrs profiles have been hidden now. We have done it for yours' sake.

Go to: