Forums

1 2 3 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
NEO
Sat Aug 05 2006, 10:28am Print
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
People who are going to participate in ARCASIA Forum and Students Jamboree please write your tour plan here.
How you peoploe are managing everything... how you are collecting tickets and visa etc.

archsociety and discourse members who are going to ARCASIA, we may form our own team before leaving dhaka... so that we may do things together. It will be a big fun...
Write your answeres. Keep in touch. Edited Sat Aug 19 2006, 01:44pm
rubelraf
Thu Aug 10 2006, 09:03am
rubelraf
Admin Registered Member #12 Joined: Sat Sep 17 2005, 01:22pm
: Dhaka, Bangladesh

HELLO
every one
I'm excited about the tour.[as I'm going]
I hope it will be a good experiance.
NEO
Sat Aug 12 2006, 12:19pm
But when you'll listen that our IAB has been selected some oily fools as 'deligates from Bangladesh' then this excitement may disappear.
Though as Sayeed sir declared he'll take us to Beijing en-route-to Hongkong... including 2 days staying in Hongkong city.. it seemed really excelent!
nirghum
Sun Aug 13 2006, 12:08am
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
i think if most of the bangladeshi student could know each other, and could form a group before they start, the whole function would be more effective for all of them. to achieve that i thought to communicate the team leader of khulna university, so that they introduce their tem with you people. and i have posted in arch_bangla yahoo group too. but see no result. well keep trying communicating them. hope some day we will grow more smart.
NEO
Sun Aug 13 2006, 10:46am
Ahsanullah University sending 50 students!
However we are somehow being in touch with them. They are the biggest team from Bangladesh.
NEO
Thu Aug 17 2006, 12:05am
This is to inform all the students who are going to participate in ARCASIA Students Jamboree, Beijing...
Today there's a meeting at IAB office at 17:30 (bst). Everyone is to participate with their (team) registration form. UAP students are requested to call at +8801711013557 for any query about this.
NEO
Sat Aug 19 2006, 01:31pm
On 17th it was the day when IAB was to send all the students’ list from all the architecture schools in Bangladesh (as far as I’m concerned).
IAB ( Institute of Architects, Bangladesh ) proposed 4 routs for students. Different teams took different options form there. The proposed routs were:
1. Dhaka—fly—Hong Kong—transit—fly—Beijing (5-6 days)—Train—Shanghai (2-3 days)—fly—Hong Kong (1.5 days) —fly—Dhaka.
2. Dhaka—fly—Kunming (China)—Train—Beijing (6-7 days)—fly—Dhaka
3. [b]Dhaka—fly—Beijing (5-6 days) —train— Shanghai (5 days) —fly— Dhaka
4. Dhaka —fly— Hong Kong (3days) —fly— Beijing (5 days) —Train— Shanghai (2-3 days)—fly—Hong Kong ---transit—fly—Dhaka.

Ahsanullah University and Asia Pacific University (tagged together and this is the biggest group) took the first rout. It’s expense is medium. 34,000 taka for plane fare (by Dragon Air) and almost 50,000 taka in total (including registration fees, taxes, living, meals, and general transportations). If 14 people buy ticket together Dragon Air gives one ticket free. For this reason UAP and Ahsanullah tagged together to get more discount. If anyone wants to join with this team please call Architect Touheed sir ( Ahsanullah University) at +8801711357646 or visit IAB office as fast as possible.

Brac University is going through the second rout. This is the most inexpensive rout. (As far as I know) it takes almost 35 thousand taka in total.

Most of the architects and teachers are following the 3rd rout.

The fourth rout is the longest journey and obviously most expensive. I still don’t know anyone following this rout or not.
Still not sure about NSU, BUET, Khulna University and State University whethere anyone from these schools are going or not.
People who have any more query please replay to this thread.
Wish a fabulous journey ….
reenie
Sat Aug 19 2006, 05:15pm
Registered Member #53 Joined: Sun Apr 23 2006, 12:21pm
Hey.. I think not may NSUers are participating
I heared around 5- 6 people are going. I think they are taking the second route by eastern china via kunming as our class starts on the 23rd of sept. The seniors arent participating this time. Mostly the first year 2nd semister students are goining. Best of luck those who are going. Come back and fill us in.
1 2 3 

Go to: