Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: Campus - Event - Activities :: Events & News Talks

« Previous topic | Next topic »
University Student's Photography Competition ( Organised by NSU)
first  3 4 5 6 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
nirghum
Fri Feb 02 2007, 01:22am
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
the most important thing to me is if etipuf sends his pictures i would must visit the show.
i would pray for you etipuf so that you get a grant.

etipuf
Fri Feb 02 2007, 09:45am
Registered Member #430 Joined: Sat Jan 06 2007, 09:30pm
: istanbul
ahah thanks a lot, i dont hope for a grant but do visit tha show:) even if i dont get selected ive got some photos up at http://duygusuz.deviantart.com , im not sure ill be selecting from those though. ive got ones with better technical quality lighting etc but the ones in the gallery are more interesting for people who are watching my account (most of whom are my friends and the turkish explanations are funny actually)
nirghum
Fri Feb 02 2007, 11:53am
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
cool blog page. Etipuf.
i wish to see a photo of etipuf pack.:)

i was amazed to see etipuf's blog page. you must give a visit.
atul
Fri Feb 02 2007, 02:17pm
Registered Member #73 Joined: Wed Jul 12 2006, 10:32am
: Dhaka
its irritating to see such discrimination (already noticed by epitaph dude)...why we locals hav to pay 200 for 'each' photographs, while the rests are not paying???? wierd NSU!

now can i ask why??
Himel
Fri Feb 02 2007, 02:24pm
Registered Member #294 Joined: Mon Oct 16 2006, 05:10pm
may be for encouraging foreign participants. May be for framing the pictures.
etipuf
Fri Feb 02 2007, 04:27pm
thanks a lot nirghum
atul although that is beneficial for me i find that irritating too
as himel said, its probably for encouraging participants, but i dont think it has to do with framing because foreign admissions dont even have to come in print, you just e mail a jpeg and they print and frame it for you
i guess they really care to get international participation because that adds prestige to the event, read the history of this event and it grew a huge lot in the past years. still, the last one had only 8 international universities which really doesnt count as a big international event. they are probably trying to get known but i guess they should find other ways for this.
atul
Fri Feb 02 2007, 10:28pm
Registered Member #73 Joined: Wed Jul 12 2006, 10:32am
yeah epitaph. i guess you are righty.

convincing!
etipuf
Sat Feb 03 2007, 12:15pm
so i picked 85 -fine enough- photos off my hard drive and am now trying to decide which ones i like even better:) i think i will e mail them the photos today or tomorrow
but they want me to indicate if they can sell these or not and they also say this is for charity(well unless it sells more than one which seems unlikely)
does anyone know what humanitarian cause this is for? they wrote "such as" acid burn victims, is it or is it not acid burn victims?

whatever, they ask for a price too. what are you going to do about that? i mean if this is for charity cant they just determine a price themselves? i wonder if i could just write "up to you" since i have no idea what a reasonable price would be.
first  3 4 5 6 

Go to: