1 2 3 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
Himel
Mon Nov 20 2006, 04:47am Print
Registered Member #294 Joined: Mon Oct 16 2006, 05:10pm
: Dhaka
1. show me a perfect glass window and sliding glass door plan

2. What is the generel or common collumn size in bangladesh? i mean when i design something what will be better to think of first?

3. in case of window, if i give a large window if there is a limited length of lintel? suppose, can i give a 20 feet long window without breaking? i mean without any support 20 feet lintel can be hold? (cant explain without bangla)

4. In cylinder elevation we give hatch from circular projection. Suppose a hollow cylinder ( 1 feet or any depth of wall) is cutted by its center. So now we find two different sides of the cylinder. Both sides hatch will be the same? ( u shape er jei half cylinder ache shegular 2 pasher hatch e ki same hobe? karon ek pash to ucha arek pash nicha)

5. What is the diffent between Hierarchy and focal point?

6. Sometimes i saw there are underground hatch in sections. tell me about that.

(to be continue untill the end of my life)
Pra98
Mon Nov 20 2006, 07:13am
Registered Member #332 Joined: Wed Nov 08 2006, 05:39am
1.send me ur email address i can send u detail.but we dont use this kind of detail in class excersise.Or check the sliding door ourself and draw it .
2.Coloumn size for all over the world is unique.we dont use spacial size for bangladesh.final size of coloumn is done by calculation by structural engineer but architects give the size by tumb rule like 10 inch for 10 feet span .we also think about the asthetics.if bigger column size need for asthetics u can use it.
3.We dont think 20 feet window actully.u can use curtain wall for this case.or instead of lintel u have to use beam.
Himel
Mon Nov 20 2006, 07:19am
Thanks for your nice point to point reply. I have send u a Private massage containing my email address.

2. "but architects give the size by tumb rule like 10 inch for 10 feet span " can u explain what is span?

3. so what is the highest size of window without any breaking?
NEO
Mon Nov 20 2006, 07:34am
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
Actually there's nothing called 'highest' and nothing is impossible.. the structure what we are thinking impossible today may be very feasible tomorrow. Himel, of course there are some well practiced systems. But when you are learning all these 'rules' please always keep you mind open as honestly there's no rule of art there's no rule of architecture as well. You have keep these things always in mind. Otherwise these so called rules may capture you inside a 'typical circle' of thought process. Always remember you 'can think' beyond 'the reality'.

Pranab daa, thanks for your post! I think this is the first post by Pra98 (Pranab Daa)… and why email man? (Post your things here in this forum… so that everyone else may get it. Post your files using the attachment system while you click ‘Post Reply’ button. If you get any trouble, then knock me, give me a call or pm.)

In the point 2, Pranab daa tried to say that there's a general rule of architects to select the thickness of a column. Span is the distance from one column to another. If you place your column in 20 feet gap one after another in a square grid, then generally we assume the columns will be 20"X20". This is just a rule of thumb. As Pranab daa said, you can select your collumn size according to your aesthetic and functional need. But when you are going to do some extreme experiment ... then you should always talk with a structural engineer. That’s the best practice.
Edited Mon Nov 20 2006, 07:38am
Pra98
Mon Nov 20 2006, 11:00am
Registered Member #332 Joined: Wed Nov 08 2006, 05:39am
The detail is from sonargaon renovation project.Its copyright thing.Plz dont use it otherwise.anyine know it i wiil just lose my job.

Himel
Mon Nov 20 2006, 11:11am
can't see the attachment. please mail me.
NEO
Mon Nov 20 2006, 01:57pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
Answers to your Question no.1 and 4
1164031047 4 FT1106 Sketch Glass Window

Graphics is nothing but an outcome of visual logics. Cut your plan at suppose 5' level see things with your own eyes... whatever you see and whatever seems logical draw that on paper, that's the graphics. I do things in that way. In the first drawing I tried to draw exactly what we see when we cut a plan of a typical aluminum panel glass window. In the second drawing I tried to translate in presentable graphics. The level of detail in presentable graphics is dependent on the final presentation scales of your drawings. Obviously large scale drawings require high detailing.

1164031047 4 FT1106 Sketch Hollow Sylinder Elevation

Here I tried to make you understand the logic of graphics again for a hollow half cylinder. To solve every graphical confusion firstly draw a perspective of the object. Try to feel the things in reality. Or take a coffee mug.. break it.. make it a hollow half cylinder.. keep it on your drafting table.. now see and draw what it should be. Common things to remember... 'nearer objects will be darker' and that will give the depth in elevation or section.
Wish your best of luck Himel... ohh sorry for my poor sketches drawn with ball point pen..!!
Edited Mon Nov 20 2006, 02:30pm
Himel
Mon Nov 20 2006, 02:29pm
both hatch are same? if so, how can viewers understand which side is it?
1164032962 294 FT1106 Preojection
1 2 3 

Go to: