Forums

1 2 3 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
mujtaba
Sat Aug 19 2006, 11:14pm
Registered Member #14 Joined: Tue Sep 20 2005, 08:54pm
: Honolulu, HI
I am happy so see all this hype about Beijing. However, I am surprised to notice the name State University of Architecture. Is this a new one?
NEO
Mon Aug 28 2006, 04:06pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
It was the interview at IAB for the selected students from every school for the final selection as a sponsored delegate of IAB to the ARCASIA Jamboree. This was to determine… who will get the honor to hold the flag of Bangladesh over there.

However I was selected from my school (architecture, UAP). Tuni (Kawsari Pervin) was also selected from UAP. We two gathered at the IAB lobby in time. Saw more students like us waiting for the interview. We just couldn’t figure out what’s gonna happen in the next few hours. However, I saw Taanee, Rumki, Amreen from BUET… two students from Khulna.. two from BRAC (if I’m right!).
After around half a hour from the declared time we were called to the meeting room. Arif sir threw and scattered some folded small pieces of paper on the table and told us to pick one from their. Those were the topic of discussion for each candidate. I picked my one, it was “Discuss the contemporary architecture of Dhaka city: with respect to
The people and society”. Tuni got “Discuss the contemporary architecture of Dhaka city: with respect to: Aesthetics”
They just gave us 15 minutes to think about our own topic (not to write the entire script, anyway!). However, the interview (or the discussion) started. We all (two students from each school) sat round the meeting table of IAB. Noki sir, Arif sir, were there, Sanaul Haq, Nasir sir, Titas joined later.
Arif sir told me to start. 3 minutes for each student to speak, then the topic will go to the jurors or other students for question and answer. After the discussion next student started his/her sessions. Of course everything was in English. That was a small trouble for me.. as I’m not that fluent in speaking in English.

However after one hour from the interview finished IAB selected four students they were:
1st: Amreen (BUET)
2nd: Mahtab (Khulna)
3rd: sorry I have forgot the name, she was a girl from BRAC University
4th I myself- Tauheed (UAP)

But the third and fourth selection is just as stand by! I mean the BUET and the Khulna University people were saying that they didn’t know that IAB will not sponsor their whole tour. Even the sponsored delegates will have to give their plane fare (around 34thousand taka) by themselves. After listening this, they were shouting that they are not going… so IAB kept selected 4 students as possible student delegate from Bangladesh.
Now if Amreen and Mahtab both don’t go only then I’m going to a honored delegate!
But as far as I know… though they shouted against the plane fare… that they are not going.. but after being selected I think they will go.

A great news is Jumu sir (Arct. Nurur Rahman Kahn) is going with us I mean with the UAP team! Cheers guys.. Edited Mon Aug 28 2006, 04:09pm
meema
Wed Aug 30 2006, 10:56am
Registered Member #21 Joined: Thu Nov 17 2005, 11:51am
hey Amreen apu n Touheed bhaia congrats touheed bhaia, i guess this is your lucky week . . . u got selected as a delegate ( standby hoile ki hoise delegate to !!) n last nite the interview on tv . . ur becoming a celebrity . . ato gula khobor amader khawa koi ?? do u have any other update on ARCASIA ???
aliza
Wed Aug 30 2006, 11:44am
Registered Member #68 Joined: Thu Jul 06 2006, 06:28am
: dhaka
what tauheed bhaia,u r goin to china and on tv yesterday.... ....though i didnt knew u were on tv.. ,otherwise i would have seen....what was the interview about???...and now come to the suggestion of meema apu....where is our "khawa".... ..though i know i wont be invited.. ,so what, atleast i can support meema apu's suggestion...
NEO
Thu Aug 31 2006, 10:17am
Meema,
Thanks. But (probably) the most unlucky day is coming ahead... it is the final jury of 4.2 on 5th September.... pray for me... done almost nothing to appear in the jury.
aliza,
Yeah.. it was a talk show named 'Ei Mon' in RTV. Three students (Sharlin from our campus, a 'modon' from Stamford and me) and three teachers (VC of NSU, VC of Stamford, Chairman UGC) were present there to talk on the common phenomena of public and private university education in Bangladesh.
'Khawa' hobe... jury ta shesh kore nei.... why not! You’ll also be invited!

ARCASIA update:
All the participants from Bangladesh are requested to gather at IAB office tomorrow (Friday 01.09.06) at 10:30 sharp.
Everyone is also requested to bring there valid passport. We’ll fill up the visa forms and submit our passport to IAB for visa processing.
Guys… don’t miss it.
meema
Fri Sep 01 2006, 01:24pm
Registered Member #21 Joined: Thu Nov 17 2005, 11:51am
soooooooooo finally we'r going to ARCASIA yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!! passports have been submitted n tickets have arrived . . i'm sooooooo excited . . guyz why r u all so quiet ??

p.s. touheed bhaia "bhodro loker ek kotha" so khawar kotha mone thake jeno
NEO
Sat Sep 02 2006, 08:51am
I can't remember when I was a gentle man...!!
Ok ok ... hobe
admin
Tue Sep 12 2006, 09:44am
Main Admin Registered Member #1 Joined: Sun Jul 31 2005, 06:24am
: virtual architecture ..!
We are planning to spread the concept of archsoceity to the people who are participating in the ARCASIA Jamboree. For that purpose I designed two cards which may be given on the event to the delegates from different countries. Help me to select one from these... so that i may go for print:

1 2 3 

Go to: