Forums

1 2 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
Himel
Mon Dec 04 2006, 05:46am Print
Registered Member #294 Joined: Mon Oct 16 2006, 05:10pm
: Dhaka
Where can i learn animation in Dhaka? i want to make 3d cartoon animation. Not architectural rendering like camera movement etc. Like 3d animated movie. Is there any course in NIIT or APTECH? I saw there is a large signboard "AUTODESK" on a five storie building in panthapath near russell square. Do u know what's that?
dan
Mon Dec 04 2006, 07:13am
Registered Member #19 Joined: Sun Oct 23 2005, 06:37am
: Dhaka-1217
I dont know about Aptech, but when i was a student of NIIT, they didnt offer any courses regarding animation..they mainly concentrated on prgraming etc..but i've heard there's a lot of institution where they teach animations n stuff like that..ill let u know if i find any.ok? take care
NEO
Mon Dec 04 2006, 10:43am
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
If you are willing to learn character modeling and animation in 3DSMax or Maya all the architectural CAD training institutes will do no help for you.
Rather there are some animation farms in Dhaka who are even doing overseas works of animation. But they don’t train people in conventional way. They rather take ‘apprentices’…. means working as kaamla and learning the things in hand. If you are really interested in this way I may refer you to a animation firm. Don’t know… they may require some basic skills in painting and drawing and in 3dMax or Flash.

Edited Mon Dec 04 2006, 10:51am
Himel
Mon Dec 04 2006, 11:07am
I had a wish from my childhood to make film. I am watching lots fo Bengali films and had done courses on Film making and Photography. This courses brought me in Architecture. But now i am feeling that A good animation skill can be better than making film by real actor and actresses. I can do anything what do i want by animation. So, i think I may start learning animation from now, but i even dont know 3dmax model making

I have to also learn general model making. So i am finding a institute by whom i can learn animation.

I bought 2 tuitorials from market. but they didn't teach basic, they do tuitorial. And i have found a good max tuitorial site from a archsociety member, which is very high quality, but there is also project tuitorial, no basic. In auto cad if u know three commands u can go ahead like make multi lines a suface, than extrude and subtract. But 3dmax Edited Mon Dec 04 2006, 05:23pm
rubelraf
Mon Dec 04 2006, 03:26pm
rubelraf
Admin Registered Member #12 Joined: Sat Sep 17 2005, 01:22pm
: Dhaka, Bangladesh
hey.
Himel...

max is not that hard ...[i]
if you really have the will to learn it; it is easy like H2O [water] .....
you just look for the shortcut key map[Hot Key Map] in help tab.
and there is max reference & Tutorial which are also located in the same tab, it's very helpful.

hope you understand/realise that..............

Edited Mon Dec 04 2006, 03:28pm
NEO
Mon Dec 04 2006, 05:52pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
Mainstream film making will always remain as it was before. It will be made in movie cameras and will be showed in theatres. Animation films I think can never be a part of ‘mainstream’ movement of film.

So you have to take decision whether you are passionate about ‘film’ or you are passionate for ‘animation’? Which is first?
Are you thinking of the masterpieces like Finding Nemo, Bugs Life, Ice Age etc. The movies I mentioned all are coming from Pixar Lab. Pixar Inc. is a sister concern company of Apple. Here again comes the name of Steve Jobs, the great ‘artist of IT’.
So if you are planning for being the ‘creator’ of an animation movie… you basically need not be an ‘animator’. You can be the ‘planner’ or the director of animation movies. Study the history of Pixar Inc. and the life of the boss Steve Jobs.
Being an animator you can become a ‘kaamla’ in a company like Pixar.
If you are passionate about ‘film’ forget about becoming an animator. Animators are not film makers, not even the ‘designers of the characters of a movie’. They are simply laborer of a movie, nothing else.
And you are passionate about ‘animation’ itself. Then start following Rubel’s post or my previous post, regarding animation.
Am I clear?
Himel
Tue Dec 05 2006, 02:40am
If i know animation i can do anything what i want and i dont have to quarrel with animator about controvertial things. I know they will first tell me this is not correct, u r immature, this things will not be accepted by public etc. And my expense and time will be saved. Je randhe she jodi chul o bandhe tahole rannai chul porar shomvobona ache. But if u r careful then i think the dish will be tasty like your as asual dish. Or if u give responsibility to a servant he or she may not take care of his or her hair properly cause the guests are not his or her.
nirghum
Tue Dec 05 2006, 06:45pm
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
as much i know Aptech themself dont handle 3d animation trainig but their sisterconcern named as 'Arena' is a institue who handles such trainigs. so you should go to your nearest Aptech and ask them about available Arena brunches. surely with Arena you can have a good start. give them a visit.

1 2 

Go to: