Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: Scribbling on sketch-pad :: Off topics

« Previous topic | Next topic »
how to become proffessional graphics designer?
1 2 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
Himel
Wed Jan 31 2007, 02:02pm Print
Registered Member #294 Joined: Mon Oct 16 2006, 05:10pm
: Dhaka
some students of our university design posters proffessionally. They tell that they are being paid a good amount of money for designing. I wanna design posters, book cover, brochure, visitin cards etc. Anybody have experience of designing professionally this things or have idea from their friend? Generally how much i will be paid for design posters? I asked our students. But they tell its secret. they dont want to tell about their policy. I know photoshop and corel draw.
etipuf
Wed Jan 31 2007, 04:56pm
Registered Member #430 Joined: Sat Jan 06 2007, 09:30pm
: istanbul
you should just go and talk to agencies around you, take a portfolio with you and ask what you could get paid
here some people like my cousin (whom i met through deviantart, long story) get known by their online portfolios on popular online communities so they get job offers individually
but most people just work for an agency which assigns them with work, to find agencies look through career websites and newspaper ads, also here there are communication groups that tell you when someone is looking for a designer, for example the dexigner mail group
i guess the best way of getting jobs is being in the scene and networking because lots of young people know the common graphic design programs and they all want these jobs, so its competitive, and some people are willing to work for very little fees so to get a good job, you either need to come along a good agency or a good client. luck really.
etipuf
Wed Jan 31 2007, 05:03pm
Registered Member #430 Joined: Sat Jan 06 2007, 09:30pm
: istanbul
you definitely should get an online portfolio including your resume up and running. this way you can e mail agencies, clients etc and have accesible proof of your abilities, and sometimes they could even come along your portfolio and contact you themselves. just dont use a template that comes with frontpage or whatever because that looks very lame and anyone in the industry could tell, you could display your stuff on a website like deviantart or such art communities but that looks kinda ameteur too.
you said you know photoshop so i assume you can at least make the image map menus etc with that, though id recommend youd at least get to know basic html and flash. its simple and handy. with photoshop and image ready you can create a gallery of your work under file-automate and create image maps and export them as web pages.
NEO
Wed Jan 31 2007, 07:13pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
Etipuf’s ideas are great. Himel you may try those out.
Anyway here I’m going to talk about the professional graphics design market in Dhaka. I have some little experiences in this way.
Here design commissions come through ‘personal communication’ not from any agency at least when you are a student.
But however you get a commission, a portfolio of your work is mandatory. That’s the only thing by which you can prove yourself at the beginning. After doing some works your reputation and growing communications will automatically draw lot of works to you.
When you get any work… call me to my cell, I may help you regarding the charge of your design.
Himel
Thu Feb 01 2007, 06:45am
Thank u etipuf. NEO, if i want to earn 5000 taka per month by graphic design what should i do now?
i haven't done any kind of design commission. So should i make a imaginary portfolio of virtual works? After making the portfolio where do i go with this?

I need to earn money badly as u know NSU's tuition fees are very high. Or if u have any other solution to earn money tell me. Nirghum vai give me suggessions plz.
nirghum
Fri Feb 02 2007, 01:30am
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
himel i love you. and that i showed you many times. now my suggestion is to come down to my office at least once. I gave you my office address and phone number.
You Bangladeshi people are very lazy.
In India if I would get any such invitation, I would surely make at least one move.
But here in Bangladesh people don’t like to learn more.
I can remember one day I was talking to a student of journalism. And trying to introduce with a news paper owner. So that he can visit a real life news agency to see it how it works in practical.
When I offered him the contact he told what would I do there. Im only in second year.
Actually I thought of crying but laughed out.
Come down to my office. I have solution, the only thing is whether you like it or not.
If you like you can earn and I know you have all the quality to do the job.
Himel
Sun Feb 25 2007, 03:01pm
going to print this visiting card for me. Is it ok?
1172415711 294 FT1781 Vvv
nirghum
Sun Feb 25 2007, 08:02pm
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
once again my invitation goes to himel. give me a visit. the design looks cool.
1 2 

Go to: