Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: Design Process :: Bubble of Ideas..

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Thesis: Philosophy of Corbusier
1 2 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
sanaowais
Sat Feb 24 2007, 08:35am Print
Registered Member #486 Joined: Sat Feb 24 2007, 08:28am
hi i m planning to do thesis on the philosophy of le corbusier,how his theories are integrating in our modern scenerio of karachi. le corbusiers five point of architecture are guidlines for othere architects too,hw his philosophies are integarting at that time of modernism and even today?wanna debat on it. whether these theories are apporiapiate in karachis context or not? for,this purpose need guidance? thanks Edited Sun Feb 25 2007, 07:30am
nirghum
Sat Feb 24 2007, 04:15pm
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
welcome friend. first i would suggest you to perform some search on the topic you are doing your research.. you will get search option at the top right corner of the main page of our site. Notice that there are two option, one is to search inside the forum and other is web. I would like to suggest you to do both. I think many related information will be helpful for you. Beside that I hope our enthusiast members will take part in discussion with you soon.

src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">

Edited Sat Feb 24 2007, 04:39pm
NEO
Sun Mar 11 2007, 09:58pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
(I’m speaking from my point of view… and may be I’m wrong in my opinions or provided information.)

Le Corbusier is the greatest son of a time. He did extra perfect job during his contemporary time being.
It was the time when modernism was in it’s move in every art media. And while in architecture Corbusier definitely made the biggest contribution ever for the mankind.
To understand the ‘philosophy’ of Corbusier we have to understand his life, social and political background of that time.
The concepts of entire world was changing then. Mass people moved against autocracy and colonialism and were heading towards individualism, capitalism and democracy. And the affect of these movements knocked down the previous concepts of art. Art for mass people was coming up. In this move communists theories of Vladimir Lenin and Carl Marks gave a different kind of boost. That is… art for proletariats. All art will speak up for the mass people, even for the root proletariats.
And thus the basic concepts of modernism came up in architecture by the hands of Corbusier. Vladimir Lenin and Le Corbusier sat in the same table several times. Corbusier worked in Russia for more than 5 projects during the communists movement there. Corbusier directly tried to translate the aim and mottos of communism in architecture. And that’s how the pure easily understandable and universal geometry of architecture what we see in modern building evolved.

He was also influenced by the paintings of Pablo Picasso. They had also a good relation with each other on that time. We can feel in Corbu’s paintings also. Picasso was the man who made the world of art to ‘think different’ about forms. Corbusier often picked up those concepts and morphologies of seeing perspective of forms.

I’ll try to give a literature on Corbu’s life on my next post, which is written by one his collogues of his office… describing Corbusier’s daily life, his working and thinking process, his emotional attachment with projects etc.
sanaowais
Mon Mar 12 2007, 09:19am
Registered Member #486 Joined: Sat Feb 24 2007, 08:28am
thanks for ur ideas!!yuup the philosophy and society factor i m looking @ thz aspect also and apart from painting and art sirt of stuff my concern is basically to undersatnd the philosophy and vocablary of le corbusiers architecture......and its implementation worldwide in esp in context of pakistan,karchi.
5 modern principles of architecture(roof garden,free plan,free facade,horizontal windows,pilotis),domino system(6 free standing colums supporting slabs and fixed staircases),citrohen type(double height living room,wid kitchen,rooms),vertical appartements with community participation(@ marsellies),urban plannig projects(paln of chandigarh,villa radiues),sculptural form work(@ronchamp)how all these work and philosophy of these are now implimenting in present senario of world including pakistan
we just implementing his philosophy widout knw merits and demarting as context wise varies as in the case of chandigarh palnning!!!!so main concern regarding my thesis stuuff is about implementing his theories in our context!!!
nways thankss 4 ur idaes and do post me corbus life stuff thing.
Killersmile
Sun Apr 24 2022, 06:10am
Registered Member #18025 Joined: Sun Apr 24 2022, 05:31am
: sydney australia
Interesting post i love it keep posting more! www.fencingeugeneor.com
idasanka
Tue Apr 26 2022, 01:42pm
Registered Member #17236 Joined: Sat Jan 29 2022, 02:15pm
: davao
thank you for this! really appreciate you doing this deck builders https://deckbuildersboise.com
karljrockwell
Mon May 09 2022, 07:35pm
Registered Member #18335 Joined: Mon May 09 2022, 07:32pm
: Denver
For writing a thesis, you need to spend an enormous amounts of time on proofreading and fixing errors. Why not enlist some help from paytowritepaper to make this process much easier? In addition, they will complete it faster than you ever will, so you get a lot of bang for your buck.
TimothyJug
Wed May 11 2022, 09:40am
Registered Member #18326 Joined: Mon May 09 2022, 12:29pm
: Angola
Знакомим для вас сервис пасмурного майнинга. СО подмогой этого сайтика можно легко заниматься майнингом криптовалюты биткоин. Зарабывайте криптовалюту круглосуточно. Качественные майнеры гарантируют вам бесперебойное теплопоступление криптовалюты. Начисление вознаграждения за майнинг осуществляется что ни день, через некоторое время криптовалюту можно следовательно себя на счет.
Применяйте только испытанные сервисы. Одну из самых надежных сервисов является вот этот фотосайт – https://bitok.cloud/ru/
1 2 

Go to: