1 2 3 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
xsweetishx
Sun Feb 25 2007, 09:54am Print
Registered Member #467 Joined: Thu Feb 08 2007, 09:02am
: isa town,Kingdom Of BAHRAIN
hey evrybody,
2day is first day of second simester this year and they are killing us already!
first class was design  and guess whats our project? to make a local bank branch!
it might sound like a piece of cake to u guys but not for a second year student like me!
all what i did is couple of houses and a resturant !so this time its big with more issues to think about , so people all what im asking for is some help for ur lil amature here
if u can just give me the basic ideas about designing a bank branch and go through this and some creativity advices (coz im not feelin it here at all)
i would be realy thankfull

and thanx any way

WAITING FOR HELP REPLY's!!!cry.png
better c some mad.png Edited Sun Feb 25 2007, 10:08am
nirghum
Sun Feb 25 2007, 07:48pm
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
Well if it’s a brunch of an already existing bank, than you need to take a very close look at the other brunches of the bank, and the head quarter. I think you will get a common pattern in the buildings. There must be some common color theme,
so as a brunch of the existing bank your building should be one of them. To follow that you may feel some comfort in designing, as you got some pre defined line up.
As designing some thing entirely unique is more tough and challenging. Where as designing a member of a team of building is much easier. Well this is purely my personal view, many may not agree.

In general sense a bank from out side should look very solid, which gives you a feeling that you and your money is very secured in side the bank. Few days back I saw a ATM booth in front of a bank, totally transparent glass and I felt I would never feel comfortable transacting money in that ATM.
About inside the bank there should be some privacy, where individual can count money without getting noticed by others. Means the sitting arrangements, exchange counters, booths should be with some visually obstacles.

Privacy and security, that’s what I would think more while designing.

xsweetishx
Sun Feb 25 2007, 10:41pm
Registered Member #467 Joined: Thu Feb 08 2007, 09:02am
: isa town,Kingdom Of BAHRAIN
thaaaaaaaaaanx that was realy helpfull
just want to say its gona be a branch of an imaginary bank so there is no other examples which i can get any ideas from!its more like ITS GONA BE MY OWN BANKbiglaugh.png
so if u changed ur mind and give me some more ideas that would be great!
and i hope others can help alsoconfused.png

thats all so farmistrust.png
nirghum
Mon Feb 26 2007, 11:02pm
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
as yours one is an imaginary bank you can just avoid teh first paragraph of my above post.

this is 2007 a very high tech era, we must not forget about technology. while you are designing a bank you need to involve lots of technology, lots of computer, server, cc tv, and security system. well im just trying to remind you those elements are less visible. and all other visible part i know you can figure out that is front desks, back office administration section. these are so much obvious. and i dont really have any idea of vault . how it works and you need to do some home work on designing and placing the vault. as that is the nucleus of a bank.
now i would like to separate two section of people one those are new to the bank comes for en query, or opening new account, and other for already existing customers. for new people a small part of building , where one can get in easily. but the other and main part of the building should be restricted entry. the entrance gate can be only accessible after swiping their card.
NEO
Tue Feb 27 2007, 11:18am
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
Generally all architects try to give a grand look in bank buildings.
A bank building should give you the look and faith in appearance that 'in this building my money will be safe' and 'this building cares me'.
Designing monumental entry with massive structures may help to archive the required grandness and monumentality of a bank building.
Arc. Tanzir Kaiser
Wed Jul 25 2007, 05:34pm
Registered Member #433 Joined: Mon Jan 08 2007, 09:25am
: DHAKA
LOLz ... Im 2nd year student too And Now I get same project.I finished my case study.I think now you finished your this project.I want to see it.It may help me to finish it properly...
Killersmile
Sun Apr 24 2022, 06:07am
Registered Member #18025 Joined: Sun Apr 24 2022, 05:31am
: sydney australia
Interesting post i love it keep posting more! fencingcincinnatioh.com
idasanka
Tue Apr 26 2022, 01:49pm
Registered Member #17236 Joined: Sat Jan 29 2022, 02:15pm
: davao
cool awsome! https://carwrapsspokane.com
1 2 3 

Go to: