Forums

1 2 3 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
TARIQ
Thu Mar 22 2007, 07:04pm Print
Registered Member #484 Joined: Thu Feb 22 2007, 07:21pm
: Dhaka
most of the building ,,,build over dhaka..is 5/6 storied apartment. with almost same catagori plan..elevation....  not with so much architectural achivement. i didn't see many example of architecturaly renound aratment,,except kanchonjhonga of charlse curreia. why??

if we want to practice as an architect in bangladesh...we have to design this kind of apartment. can't we share..some idea......how we could design better apartment ..which whould not like the traditional one...and also will be economical
Himel
Fri Mar 23 2007, 03:34am
Registered Member #294 Joined: Mon Oct 16 2006, 05:10pm
the apartment we sse are of two kinds. one build by developer another build by owner. Both are commercial. I think they dont have the ability to built a healthy, architectural and aesthetical apartment. If they have it, i think the developers dont have honesty and the owner dont have the sense.

Those who have lots of money they dont build apartments. They build single residents. and to build apartment it take much more cost than a resident. so owener have to be cautious about cost.
TARIQ
Fri Mar 23 2007, 08:41am
thanks himel. but i think architecture is not only for rich. though our land is limited so we have to go for apartment solution. in my eyes most of the building have commercial value. we design a market or museaum or commercial place with aesthetical value,,,,,so that it could take attension of customares. so why not for apartment ? do u see " kashef mahboob's resident" which take place in a international book "MILIMALISM"(so far i remember). it is on the top floor of an apartment named "A5" situated in lalmatia. i have to say that is a good attempt.
atul
Sat Mar 24 2007, 06:19am
Registered Member #73 Joined: Wed Jul 12 2006, 10:32am
the important thing is one should be honest and transparent about his endeavors. coz honesty gives ppl freedom and it really helps to generate urge for richness in society, integrating the whole customs and cultural energies.kashef bhai did the same there.
all thats imp was he wanted.and he tried. he did.
simple!
commercial cant be bad, one thing to add further.dont get confused, in this world max things has to generate financial value, in any terms. but it doesnt mean it should b jsut standing there, overlooking its potential of being good, smart and nicer. huh
TARIQ
Sat Mar 24 2007, 06:47pm
u r right atul. but cant we sheare some idea ..how we can make our apartment better. ani tricx, or order??? or some better practice...which ...we can follow
naheen
Mon Mar 26 2007, 09:42am
Registered Member #364 Joined: Sun Nov 26 2006, 02:41pm
i think it is more difficult to make the customer understand why they need an architect to design an apartment as many people have the attitude that they really can design their own house according to their need anD as for apartments they have the right to chagne according to their choice with out hampering the front facade... i think this attitude stops architects giving extra effort anD the customers to pay more to buy a better design. if we can change this attitude i think some changes can be made.
anD for tariq... high rise to nxt term a ..tao janis na residential porbe na ki... age thekei ato chinta??? bhalo bhalo...alien.png
KOCCHOP
Thu Mar 29 2007, 07:36pm
Registered Member #466 Joined: Wed Feb 07 2007, 04:32pm
: DHAKA
I SAW SOME SOME REALLY BEAUTIFUL PROJECTS......
HERE ARE SOME OF THEM ..............
ACCOLADE..............RAFIQ AZAM
KOTIBARSHA....................POLASH
APPARTMENT BUILDINGS BY UTTAM SHAHA ESPECIALLY PRIOPRANGAN (1,2)
APARTMENT BUILDINGS BY BASHIRUL HAQUE ESPECIALLY DHANSHIRI
Unknown
Sat Mar 31 2007, 09:04am
i think the best way to generate intresting facades and functional plans is to stick to the very basic of design fundamentals and take into the cultural content into consideration.
1 2 3 

Go to: