Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: Design Process :: Design Development

« Previous topic | Next topic »
5 Star Hotel Complex at Begunbari Waterfront.
1 2 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
rubelraf
Thu Apr 12 2007, 01:38am Print
rubelraf
Admin Registered Member #12 Joined: Sat Sep 17 2005, 01:22pm
: Dhaka, Bangladesh

In 3rd year 2nd term me and neo worked in this group project...

here is some sample...>>>

1176341899 12 FT0 Dsc00042
rubelraf
Thu Apr 12 2007, 03:43am
rubelraf

here is a video... >>> watch...

Ant In The Model Of "5star Hotel Complex" - The funniest movie is here. Find it

rubelraf
Thu Apr 12 2007, 05:30am
rubelraf

and here is the presentation drawing.....
in original sheet there was manual rendaring ... which is missing here though. >>>

1176355842 12 FT2538 5str Press F

Edited Fri Apr 13 2007, 11:38am
Himel
Thu Apr 12 2007, 07:51am
Registered Member #294 Joined: Mon Oct 16 2006, 05:10pm
: Dhaka
thanks for sharing. learned a lot about presentation. submitt more presentation.......
rubelraf
Thu Apr 12 2007, 10:44am
rubelraf

comments needed from neo ... on this topic.
NEO
Thu Apr 12 2007, 10:35pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
Huh, NEO was busy like hell....
Hey good work Rubel
This was a 9 acre site in the heart of Dhaka city. We assumed Begunbari water channel as a clean and free flowing navigable water way.
First idea was to create an extension of the water way just for the hotel's own necessity. We extented the channel. But the orientation of the main hotel building to the sun and wind flow required kind of wired thing... that the extended water channel was to pass through under the high rise building.
To do that we adopted the suspended still truss structure (something like the HSBC building by Sir Norman Foster) so that we can easily pass the water body through the building and which will remain navigable as well.
Obviously another challenge was to ensure proper back house service and front house operation of the hotel. We did that well, no doubt of it. And we tried to maintain all the norms and facilities of a five star rated hotel in this project.

On the northern part of the site, beside the main entry there is an entry plaza, a super market and at the top there was an elevated plaza which is completely dedicated to the urban mass people as a public plaza for a good place of hang out. This part of the complex is connected through a transparent bridge with the main hotel block.
There was a boat marina, fishing island and a jogging path through out the extended water channel.

In the jury this project was appreciated well. Thanks to Rubel_RAF for his ultimate support during this project.
atul
Fri Apr 13 2007, 03:41am
Registered Member #73 Joined: Wed Jul 12 2006, 10:32am
the project looks gud but a bit robust i guess, i dont know. dont kill me rubbs:)
i think this begunbari area should have been designed and concieved as one of the most precious points of mother dhaka.

i dont know why lots of projects , critics,ideas...but ultimately some #^@%^@&% wierd BGMEA building
NEO
Fri Apr 13 2007, 07:58am
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
atul wrote ...
the project looks gud but a bit robust i guess, i dont know. dont kill me rubbs:) i think this begunbari area should have been designed and concieved as one of the most precious points of mother dhaka. i dont know why lots of projects , critics,ideas...but ultimately some #^@%^@&% wierd BGMEA building
Are you talking about 'conservation' of Begun Bari water channel? I think conservation doesn't mean keeping things as they are, rather doing something to enhance it's purpose of existance.
We planned the entire connected water channel of Begun Bari which was connected with the Balu River at the east and Buriganga at the west passing through the heart of Dhaka city as it was in history. We designed the hotel complex assuming this as an implemented idea which also in the new master plan of Dhaka.
And I think this complex would rather enhance the environment of the area and the Begunbari Water Channel.
1 2 

Go to: