Forums

1 2 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
Unknown
Sun Aug 27 2006, 08:07am Print
any architects in archsociety from dubai??...id like information on the newly proposed guggenheim abu dhabi
Unknown
Fri Oct 27 2006, 03:34pm
hi ..i am an interior architect student in dubai ..lemme help u wid wot u wanna knw xactly..!!n i will try to get u info based on dat
Unknown
Fri Oct 27 2006, 05:32pm
im in final year , india... wish to do a contemporary arts museum as my thesis...read abt the guggenheim abu dhabi... want to do the project... dont know how far i can get information regarding the site, design breif , requirements etc... i dont have any contacts in abu dhabi ..i was wondering if someone working there would be able to arrange the site etc for me...
Unknown
Fri Oct 27 2006, 05:34pm
i would really appreciate it if u could get some info regarding this.... i ve tried searching alot on the net... in vain!!... do u know of any other interesting projects in dubai that i could take up as my thesis project?...pls do let me know!
Unknown
Sat Oct 28 2006, 10:01am
Well..i dun think the design is not out yet..!!and i guess the musuem design will b out onli by november..!!and the site of the musuem that is at present being planned to be constructed is in an island which is away from abudhabi..!!i dn think the design is contemprory..i guess it mite be based on the arabian desert style..!!frank gehry hasnt given out much details on the design..!!
Unknown
Sat Oct 28 2006, 10:08am
Wel ..if u take dubai ..deres lotsa innovative architecture dats goin on here..!!one is the infinity building which has a 90 degree twist...den the tallest building dat is the burj dubai..both r on its way to construction..den deres a dancing buildin coming up in de busines bay of dubai..!!actually ders a looot of constructions goin on in dubai..!!
Unknown
Sat Oct 28 2006, 10:43am
another biggest development in dubai is the snow dome..which is de biggest in the world..it has glass hotel at the entrance of the dome to give an icy effect..!!dey have used mostly glass n steel..jus chk out the link below..probably smthn which u want..!!!
http://realestate.theemiratesnetwork.com/developments/dubai/dubailand/snowdome.php
the other buildings i hav mentioned above is glass n steel which is used..!!
Unknown
Sun Oct 29 2006, 05:25pm
these projects that u mentioned are already under construction ...dont think thyll be of much help regarding thesis...by the way...if i wre to visit saadiyath island , would i be able to get the plan of the site?...how can i get it otherwise?
1 2 

Go to: