Forums

Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
Joey
Mon Aug 20 2007, 07:27am Print
Registered Member #732 Joined: Sun Aug 19 2007, 01:00pm
: Manila
Can anyone tell me about the basic needs or necessary requirement when designing a hotel? Like what are the possible problems that I would  encounter and considerations regarding this type of project.
NEO
Mon Aug 20 2007, 09:02pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
Oh got your PM. Sorry dear I'm nowadays too busy for my thesis, couldn't help you much!
By the way, we did a hotel project when we were in 3.2
Here is the link of the thread the project published:
http://www.archsociety.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?2538

You may go through the project, it may come to your help. Ask any question regarding that project in that thread if you want to know more about the detail functional aspects.

Well, in a hotel project the main concern during design becomes solving the circulation pattern of 'back-house' and fron-house of the hotel. Solving out the back-house services efficiently is very important. Go through all the pages of hotel design of Time Saver Standards for Building Types book. It will be very helpful. Time Saver Standards explains almost every basic of designing hotel.

We placed all the back-house services in ground floor and connected throughout the building through two service lifts and service rooms in every floors.
The main reception and lobby was in first floor and the conference, restaurant and banquet halls were in a different low-rise mass connected with the main building. The structure of the building was suspended steel truss to provide larger span over the water body.
Joey
Sat Sep 01 2007, 05:17am
Registered Member #732 Joined: Sun Aug 19 2007, 01:00pm
: Manila
Hi again I the project is really a high rise beach resort and I'm currently doing the concept for the building. I was wondering if anyone cancontribute any link for designing highrises or hotels.

Go to: