1 2 3 4  last
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
NEO
Thu Sep 28 2006, 07:16pm Print
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
We have come back...!!!
eeeeeeee it was really a great tour! Big fun in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. Ultimately we 9 UAP people (Anika, Meema, Mushfiq, Rubel-Tuni, Deanna, Rubel, me and Lima) and 3 from BRAC (Nafis, Nupoor and Shihab) were together in a group. It was really a big fun... tremendous experiences.. Stories and photos are coming soon in archsociety and casual talks may come through bwitness.net. Keep looking!

All the students who participated in the ARCASIA Jamboree are requested to come to UAP campus on Saterday at 11 in the morning sharp. We are going to share our digital photos there. So take all your photos with you then.
Don't miss.
Edited Thu Sep 28 2006, 07:18pm
aliza
Fri Sep 29 2006, 04:22pm
Registered Member #68 Joined: Thu Jul 06 2006, 06:28am
: dhaka
..welcome back bhaia...i am sure u had a lot of fun and great experience...i wish i could be there.. ...by the way,i can still know many things from u all who joined.. ...i am looking forward for the photossss... Edited Fri Sep 29 2006, 04:28pm
NEO
Fri Sep 29 2006, 05:28pm
First day at Beijing 17-18th September
When we reached Beijing Airport on 17th September 2 of the ARCASIA volunteers were waiting with a flag written “welcome to delegates of ARCASIA Jamboree”. But to be honest Chinese boys and girls are really very stupid in team managements. They don’t want to speak and even understand English.
After that tiring journey we were very exhausted. But they were taking us here and there… upstairs and downstairs inside the airport. And none of them could say what’s going on. However after waiting and roaming around and airport 1 long hour we got entered in the shuttle bus to go to our accommodation.
Somehow Chinese volunteers took an unknown American boy with our team in one of our buses! No one of us and them know anything about the mysterious boy. Think how organized the Chinese volunteers were!!
After coming to the Xindadoo Students’ Hostel Chinese police came and took the boy away from our hostel.

In Xindadoo Hostel we were accommodated 6 students in each room! That was not a big problem for us. The problem was the toilets. Most of the toilets had no door at all and in the WC there were only a pan and just toilet paper… no water at all to use! We got furious to see these situations. We are so tired after the air travel most of us even couldn’t stand on their feet. few of us went to the hotel where our teachers had been accommodated, Asia hotel in central Beijing. When I reached Asia hotel it seemed heaven to me after seeing our hostel! However, we told about the entire situation to our teachers. Sayeed sir, Tauheed sir, Jumu sir, Nasir sir, Khadem Ali sir, Mubassher sir everyone were present there. They also got furious after listening everything. Tauheed sir and Jumu sir came with us at Xindadoo.
All the Pakistani and Bangladeshi students gathered at the plaza of Xindadoo. Jumu sir gave a very touchy and emotional lecture against Chinese organization. Nafis bhai and I wrote a long petition addressing the president of ARCASIA informing all these mismanagements of Chinese Institute after listening Jumu sir’s instructions…. On that very night our girls were shifted to Xindadoo hotel just beside our dorm…

However at the end of the day Mubassher Ali sir raised his hand to help us out…on the next day we were shifted to a heavenly 4 star hotel in central Beijing. Amazing thing of this hotel was… all the toilets were absolute transparent! Partitioned by absolute transparent glass wall! We were two students in a double room or suits. But just imagine of a toilet with transparent walls!
[Story may continue…..] Edited Fri Sep 29 2006, 05:29pm
aliza
Fri Sep 29 2006, 05:52pm
Registered Member #68 Joined: Thu Jul 06 2006, 06:28am
: dhaka
bhaia... ...transparent toilet...u saw it in china and we saw it in BD...whatever...i hope u will write more about ur journey...
NEO
Sun Oct 01 2006, 11:03am
Some of the Beijing Photos:

Hong Kong from above
Hong Kong From Above

We boys, Tauheed sir and Jumu sir
Beijing Boys1

In front of Xindadu Hostel
Beijing Xindadu

More are coming soon...
Hey other people keep uploading their images with their posts... so that everyone's may be shared here.

Edited Wed Nov 22 2006, 09:59pm
REZ
Sun Oct 01 2006, 06:15pm
Registered Member #251 Joined: Sat Sep 30 2006, 06:47pm
whatever i wrote was an attempt to say that its not right to say directly that chinese volunteers were stupid.....they were just students like us volunteering.....and they were just following orders and instructions from higher authorities......mistakes were there....but there were problems on our behalf too.....can you totally deny the hardwork those volunteers did? did any of them show the slightest sign of dejection on their faces? and is it right to show them down to everyone after coming back from a nice visit in their country? Its not a boxing match between you and me brother.....its just a matter of self respect......its your decission....if you still want to say all chinese people are stupid....go ahead
REZ
Sun Oct 01 2006, 06:20pm
nice pictures.....it took a while to find Jhumu sir in that photo...ever imagined how many photos there would be if all of us who went to china submit!! i myself have 950 photos in my cam!!
REZ
Sun Oct 01 2006, 06:37pm
here are some pics!!models were in the exhibition centre in Beijing [click on image to enlarge]

Entire Bangladeshi and Pakistani team

Model of Beijing
Edited Sun Oct 01 2006, 09:03pm
1 2 3 4  last

Go to: