Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: Design Process :: Design Development

« Previous topic | Next topic »
street facade materials..anything serious!
1 2 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
atul
Mon Nov 06 2006, 05:06am Print
Registered Member #73 Joined: Wed Jul 12 2006, 10:32am
: Dhaka
how abt defining while assigning the street facade materials? brick..concrete..jali..metal grills...is it all about functions or smart ppl understands much more than that?

say in my project i want to think abt materails i shd assign on walls and peripheries, but yet to understand the quality it will define in various context.

how material can define spirituality??
NEO
Mon Nov 06 2006, 10:46pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
To me street facedes are guava trees of neigbors with thousands of ripe guavas in that. When I would think of a street facade in depth, then i would follow the so-called post-modernist concepts : "memories" "childhood" "neighborhood" etc.
What I miss today in our so-called new Dhaka is the intimate trees, guava, coconut, mango... now in all the down towns or CBDs streets facades are not 'intimate'. What they show in their facads by materials are:"'we are here just to grab the coins from your pocket... come come spend some money here..." nothing else.

So I think, when you are dealing with a project like this.. where the heritage and culture is very related, there the 'smooth intimacy' should try to regain through the facade materials. The material wich will help me to recall my memories. Which will help to tell my son "see my boy, when i was in your age we had also a wall like this near our house, and we were used to climb over it then hang on through the guava branches." ....this much intimate it should be.... Edited Mon Nov 06 2006, 10:51pm
atul
Tue Nov 07 2006, 12:12am
hmm. essence was clear, but the implementation is not. see, when you try to recollect the memories you need to compile it frst. then the materials, i mean i want to hav ideas...on things like this....do u think bricks can narrate heavy masses while concrete can lighten things up...???

but nice thinking neo. i loved it!
NEO
Wed Nov 08 2006, 12:22am
Concrete may lighten up only when you use some subtle breaks in the facade. If your builders are extremely skilled to make very good quality fare-face concrete facades without any visual break then it may look massive (of course it depends on the context). We may think of some subtle groove lines or the shutter wholes filled with stainless still bolts etc.
On the other hand brick is always 'intimate'. Edited Wed Nov 08 2006, 01:45pm
atul
Sat Dec 02 2006, 09:01pm
wht is a about a good landscape formula in our dhk context? i wonder how we react with other ppl. through roaming around and sitting amidst crowd? or by thinking nostalgic.

our atleast 400 yrs old pride 'dhaka' is changing... right???:)
NEO
Sun Dec 03 2006, 04:58pm
Mughal... Mughal... Mughal concepts of landscaping is the most perfect for Dhaka.
We should follow the examples like Shalimar Garden, Chaar Baghs etc.
Killersmile
Sun Apr 24 2022, 07:17am
Registered Member #18025 Joined: Sun Apr 24 2022, 05:31am
: sydney australia
awesome post i love it keep posting more! www.kitchenremodelingdaytonohio.com
luciham20
Mon May 30 2022, 11:42am
Registered Member #18796 Joined: Mon May 30 2022, 02:54am
: California
Archero is fast becoming one of the most popular action game titles on the market, with over 50 million downloads. It's hardly surprising, given how interesting and addicting this game is, much like so many other action games in 2021 and 2022. Furthermore, both casual and competitive players have taken to it, and its fan base is rising by the day. You may pick from a variety of heroes, weapons, armor sets, pets, and abilities in Archero. Additionally, each one provides you with stats, talents, and unique powers that can help you advance in the game. As a result, we've ranked each of them on our Achero Tier List based on our gaming experience.

Learn how do mobile games make money!
1 2 

Go to: