Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: Campus - Event - Activities :: Events & News Talks

« Previous topic | Next topic »
University Student's Photography Competition ( Organised by NSU)
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
Himel
Thu Jan 25 2007, 11:45am
Registered Member #294 Joined: Mon Oct 16 2006, 05:10pm
: Dhaka
According to the Brochure:

Entering the Competition
This Competition is only for non-professional photographers. Participation is open to
students of undergraduate and graduate levels, or any equivalent degrees. Professional
photographers, including students whose concentration of study is Photography or
Photojournalism (i.e. a student who is doing or has already done a Bachelors Degree on
photography), cannot participate. Photographers must be a student of the undergraduate ,
graduate or any equivalent level of the university/college that he/she is representing.
Participants must send a participation confirmation letter from his/her University/College
authority to confirm that he/she is representing that university. Edited Thu Jan 25 2007, 11:47am
atul
Sun Jan 28 2007, 01:18am
Registered Member #73 Joined: Wed Jul 12 2006, 10:32am
thank you very much,
i guess ill give a try.
nirghum
Wed Jan 31 2007, 10:29am
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
looking to it. seems going to be a mega event.

etipuf
Wed Jan 31 2007, 11:13am
Registered Member #430 Joined: Sat Jan 06 2007, 09:30pm
: istanbul
the brochure says its the biggest photography event in bangladesh.. my camera didnt work because of the cold and humıdıty on the mountain but ive already selected a few of my older photos
and in case anyone was wondering the same thing as i did, heres the reply i got

Hello duygu,

Thanks for your interest in participating in iiupe2007. A mail from an
official address of your institution saying that you are a student in that
university will be enough, as will be a signed document. No need to send
something that states that you are officially chosen to represent the
university.

- nsupc
Himel
Wed Jan 31 2007, 01:46pm
why u r wondering etipuf? i think its a good news. But didn't they tell about deadline? If no, you should send them within time that has written on brochure
etipuf
Wed Jan 31 2007, 05:08pm
himel i was wondering before the reply, not anymore:)
i got the answer and i think its good news too, its going to be easy this way
i didnt ask them about the deadline, so i need to send this thing by feb 5th
i wonder what kind of photos other people will be sending, all the previous winners on the website reflect bangali culture, i think mine will look irrelevant:)
Himel
Thu Feb 01 2007, 06:35am
no matter if your photo got prize or not. If your photo will select for the exhibition i think that will a great achievement. I have visited previous exhibition. There were lots of photographs from other countries. and there are different types of photo from foreighn and our country. So don't worry, submitt your best photos.
etipuf
Thu Feb 01 2007, 09:49am
im not really worried really and i dont expect to win, i just think this is nice and want to participate:) its just that they have only the winners on the website so i dont know what the others are like
im just wondering about the stuff that is not on the website, what the exhibition will be like. thanks for your impressions from the previous one:) they are talking about hundreds of photos in one exhibition, i dont think ive ever been to an exhibition formed from a contest with that many photos, they usually just put up the winners. this sounds better though, id like to see anything people paid such effort for even if it won or not

Go to: