Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: Design Process :: Bubble of Ideas..

Project: Pre school Facility (detail and site plan inside)
1 2 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
Himel
Tue Nov 21 2006, 05:25am Print
Registered Member #294 Joined: Mon Oct 16 2006, 05:10pm
: Dhaka
DESIGN OF A PRE-SCHOOL FACILITY
SITE AREA: 12 KATHA

DESIGN OBJECTIVES:

The objective of the design is to provide daycare and pre-school facilities for infants and small children from the age of 1.5 to 5. the facility will have a capacity to accommodate 50 children with ample areas for playing, resting and enjoying creative activity. The prime focus will be to create a playful environment that inspires interaction and spontaneity. Although natural light, ventilation and outdoor areas are encouraged measures should be taken to proved security and safety. With that in mind the facility should preferably consist of only one floor.

PROGRAM:

Daycare facility for infants: no. 10-15 [age group 1.5 - 2.5yrs] * Need assistance for toilet
Pre-school (2sections): no. 35-40 [age group 2.5 – 5 yrs.] * Toilet trained

Daycare room: 700 sft.
Playroom I : 700 sft [ with provisions for napping]
Playroom II: 700 sft [ with provisions for napping]
Creative activity area ; 400 sft.
Lunch room: 400 sft.
Office and first aid: 200 sft
Toilets
Parking : 5 Cars

HOW SHOULD I GO AHEAD TO HAVE A GOOD CONCEPT, QUALITY PRESENTAION, MODEL IN 25 DAYS? GIVE ME TIPS

1164086730 294 FT0 Site Plan
Pra98
Tue Nov 21 2006, 05:47am
Registered Member #332 Joined: Wed Nov 08 2006, 05:39am
hi/ first of all where is north sign.its very important.Children like colors.so its must be colorfull in physically and conceptually.U can create some personal space.its creats relation between man and buildings.When there is a space for u in building u feel that i have something in this building . Make a home like environment.
Himel
Tue Nov 21 2006, 06:59am
north is up. what kind of personal space ?
Pra98
Tue Nov 21 2006, 11:20am
Registered Member #332 Joined: Wed Nov 08 2006, 05:39am
A personal space can be a terrace or other kind of space.May be a veranda of ur university where u gather during off time. where u feel more intimate.
NEO
Tue Nov 21 2006, 04:13pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
Start from the site.
Suppose the entry should be from the secondary road. That is located at the west. Now if you try to make a good entry as well as proper shading for the west sun… then this will become a challenge to make the entry from the secondary road.
Generally at least 50% of your land area has to remain as open ground. Now think of the landscape… I mean the approach to the building… the gardens and open air play grounds, infants’ park furniture etc. Think of the placement of the building inside the site. Obviously the building will be elongated towards east-west that means it will get longer surfaces facing towards the north-south.
These are the basic decisions to be taken to start with the design.

Now, make your brain empty. Efface all preconceive ideas about the design. Start a brain-storming….
Start questioning from the root of the crisis:
1. Who are the infants?
2. Why they are specially treated as infants?
3. What are the difference between you and a small child?
4. Are the differences only physical, or there are several mental differences in their expectations towards an environment?
5. What are the reflexes of our society to the infants?
6. How should be their ‘socialization’ and their education?
7. How to achieve a better environment for them to keep them happy while they’ll be gradually socialized?
8. What is the necessity of a daycare center in our society? While I myself have never been anything like a daycare center.
9. When our generation has grown up inside their home on the lap of their grand ma, grand pa or mom and dad what happened to us? Aren’t we are grown up properly? Was there any lacking in our socialization or infant education? What the difference will be when this generation will come to your day-care centre? How to make this difference positive in the growing up process?

While answering all these questions (or many other questions may come up in your brain during the storming!) you’ll automatically start getting the concepts of your design. This process should be in paper and pencil. You have write down the answers in important ‘key words’. These key-words will lead you to a strong logical concept to your design. And those key-words and logics will guide you through out your design process.

Edited Wed Nov 22 2006, 09:43pm
Himel
Wed Nov 29 2006, 12:58pm
The first one is done by cad and second one has been traced. We r not supposed to submitt CAD drawing.

Give me tips about presentation and what kind of material or analysis i could add. I know it is very simple and short and fucky bazzy analysis.
1164805113 294 FT1141 Site1

1164805113 294 FT1141 Site2
NEO
Sun Dec 03 2006, 12:28am
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
‘Presentation of a Site analysis’ means analyzing the site conditions, climatic factors, social and neighborhood factors, vegetation and ecological issues and providing the ‘decisions’ or ‘conclusions’. It is not just representing what is in the site.
A site analysis report should give some instructions to the design at the end.

But you have provided the map of your site and the program. This can’t be the ‘end’ of a site analysis, it must have some instructions, some decisions towards design.
Decisions may be like… this is the west side of the site so it should be properly shaded, …these are the surrounding buildings and this is the shadow pattern., so the plaza open areas should be under the shaded area and trees and vegetation should go in the sun, ….this is the primary or secondary road so this one should be the entry for vehicles and this can be the pedestrian entry…. You have to come to and of the site analysis with these kinds of decisions.
Himel
Wed Dec 06 2006, 03:54am
i know in bangladesh west needs shading. But in the morning sun is in the east which is highly lighted and in the evening sun is in the west with low lights that can be enoyful. So why dont we give shading in east facing side?
1 2 

Go to: