Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: ArchSociety Service Desk :: Rethink ArchSociety!

« Previous topic | Next topic »
how to 'boom' & 'revive' archsociety???????
1 2 3 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
atul
Fri Dec 08 2006, 12:49pm Print
Registered Member #73 Joined: Wed Jul 12 2006, 10:32am
: Dhaka
i dont know how many of us thinking we are in a high time to consider vigrously abt archsociety, i dont knw how many of us are thinking the enormous potential of its definition, cultural width and sponteneous vibrance. but

i am sure this is now or never.

i guess
im quite concerned we shd boom on evryone and yell at.
rock society rock. plz!!
[nafis]

nirghum
Fri Dec 08 2006, 02:40pm
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
hmm. its really encouraging to see your enthusiasm. as archsociety has already many interesting topics and lots of replyes so its now an stablished forum.

so too get more out of it,what we seriously need is to invite more and more people. as many members are here that many ideas and sharing will occur. we all should invite our known friends. as well as unknown people from arround the globe.
to invite known people we can just reffer this site to our campus buddies, and teachers too.
and to get some unknown people we could use hi5.com or orkut.com or any other community where reall people meet every day online. in those place there are architecture related groups. we all should be there and invite others to join with us in this happening place. thats what i personally do to get new members. and sure campus buddies are a must.
Himel
Sat Dec 09 2006, 03:44am
Registered Member #294 Joined: Mon Oct 16 2006, 05:10pm
if u go to 7 private university that has architecture and just put a sticker advertising archsociety I think you will get atleast 20 active member in 10 days. But poster or sticker should be interesting.
mujtaba
Sat Dec 09 2006, 03:54am
Registered Member #14 Joined: Tue Sep 20 2005, 08:54pm
: Honolulu, HI
I think archsociety is primarily a web venue, but it sometimes makes sense to translate it into something more substantial. For example, many FM radio stations regularly communicate to commuters or people going back and forth to work and home every day. They sort of build up a bond with the listeneres and expand futher by outreach efforts, such as interactive realtime events (if you call and answer a quiz the radio station host awards you with an attractive prize, or they ask for listeners' opinions about a topic say "gay marriage" and people call and share their views and discuss) etc. The point is, at some point public venues on air breaks out of its primary definition to something more substantial where people can interact in real time and space. I think archsociety could have a physical cafe (or club) where its members can participate in various meetings, brainstorming, adda, etc. and arrange events where architects, people interested in architecture and students can participate. They can have realtime events. One very promising area is to build up a communication (healthy communication) between the students of the various architectural schools in the country. Due to professional rivalry and competition, there would obviously be undercurrents of antagonism but that shouldn't be so bad as to shut each other off completely and prevent from benefitting by mutual interaction. That, I would say would be one step further. Well, at least I think so. Long speech, my apoloigies. Cheers
mujtaba
Sat Dec 09 2006, 03:55am
I think if Archsociety calls for a get-together of its members it might be an interesting event.
mujtaba
Sat Dec 09 2006, 03:57am
I was just wondering if archsociety call for a get together of its members that might turn out to be an interesting event.
atul
Sun Dec 10 2006, 05:44am
Registered Member #73 Joined: Wed Jul 12 2006, 10:32am
thanks mujtaba bhai. for the enthusiastic notions. i will b available after my thesis joma. so trying to hang around. but i think that meeting will b superb, and it will encourage others and support the will, inshallah.
dan
Sun Dec 10 2006, 12:00pm
Registered Member #19 Joined: Sun Oct 23 2005, 06:37am
: Dhaka-1217
yeap..Thanks you sir for your concern..we're looking forward for the meeting..Inshallah...We're now planning to print out the posters (already made by Admin) and make an oneday campaign.We''ll visit all the Architecture departments in Dhaka and Fulfill our mission!!! Then we'll fix a meeting ...and so on..
And hey u guys...we need ur help badly..so pls..whatever..keep in touch..
1 2 3 

Go to: