Forums

Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
faria hasan
Sun Mar 04 2007, 08:36pm
Registered Member #489 Joined: Mon Feb 26 2007, 05:25pm
: karachi
thanku ol fo replying...!!!
i m thinking of the built form as those structures that after some period deviates from their function...
like here in Pakistan(karachi) there are many residential units that later on transform their function  ..and function as negative architecture ...it turns to school..with no specific changes...
there comes hypocrisy...
the spaces that are required particularly for school are not there...the ground or the labs...
the make shift changes which are not enuff are being done....and still u call ita school!!!

wat do u guys say abt that??
NEO
Sun Mar 04 2007, 10:22pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
[quote] thanku ol fo replying...!!!
i m thinking of the built form as those structures that after some period deviates from their function...
like here in Pakistan(karachi) there are many residential units that later on transform their function ..and function as negative architecture ...it turns to school..with no specific changes...
there comes hypocrisy...
the spaces that are required particularly for school are not there...the ground or the labs...
the make shift changes which are not enuff are being done....and still u call ita school!!!

wat do u guys say abt that?? [/quote1173046662]
Same here in Dhaka. Here many residential buildings are being used as school building.. for the lack of space and high demand of educational facilities in the city.
It's all for lack of proper planning of the city.
When something happens like this then it must be a failure of the total urban planning of the city. To me it's not hypocrisy... it's rather 'need'.
Our so called architectural philosophies can't deny the general needs of people. Architects or planners can't compel people do something.
If they would do something real good for the future, then people would automatically do good use of built structures
[/html]
faria hasan
Mon Mar 05 2007, 06:52am
hello all thanks Neo fo ur reply, houses being converted in to schools or some other use is not because of lack of space...it may be if u c this on city level but mostly its bcoz of the money ppl want 2 earn ...these schools claims to give the best education to the children but the infrastructure is so poorly arranged that a child cannot get the best environment how can he expect the best of education. yess it effects the planning of the city as those schools in residential areas starts to congest the proximity areas.. when one claims to provide the quality education and quality environment he can also render those spaces to a school's need... for me its hypocrisy.... wat hypocrisy means is that u belief on one thing and u act the other... i.e Beliefs-Actions. architectural philosophies cannot deny the needs but these philosophies has certain rules certain principles according to which a space can breath ,a space can function well for what its supposed to b...

then these spaces has a list of problems..that i can indentify in my thesis and  then can work for its design.
wat do u say??
Regards
!!!...Faria Hasan...!!!
faria hasan
Mon Mar 12 2007, 05:16pm
where is everyone?
waitin fo reply....
nirghum
Tue Mar 13 2007, 08:25am
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
oh yeh faria we are watching.
im too busy working with www.angelhomes.info

so cant put much time to chat with you people.
i think you have come to a very valuable and timely issue to focus on your thesis. go ahead with the concept. hope best out of you. love and best wish.
faria hasan
Tue Mar 13 2007, 03:54pm
thanku nirgham fo ur wishes...i do need 'em
peace...

Go to: