Forums

Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
gart
Thu Aug 24 2006, 08:39pm Print
Registered Member #189 Joined: Thu Aug 24 2006, 07:42pm
: Lubbock, Texas
Not only am I being introduced to the ARCHSOCIETY but into architecture as a whole. That being said I am intrigued by it all and really enjoy this site and how beneficial it has already been. I am a first year college student at the College of Architecture at Texas Tech University. And I hate to admit it but I am a little nervous about the challenge that architecture offers. Classes start August 28 and Im learning all that I can before things get started. I am open to any tips and suggestions that anyone can offer. I am excited about getting affiliated with all of you so send me what you can.
ritu bhardwaj
Fri Aug 25 2006, 11:17am
Registered Member #87 Joined: Sat Jul 29 2006, 06:47am
: jaipur
Architecture is a field you would love to be with and soon you'll notice the change in the way of our thinking . what you hate today will become your passion one day truely speaking. It not only makes you a good architect but also a better person in each sense now don't ask how because you'll soon get it . stay in touch to this society because it'll help you a lot.members here are too helpful and would provide you the best possible.
aliza
Fri Aug 25 2006, 01:10pm
Registered Member #68 Joined: Thu Jul 06 2006, 06:28am
: dhaka
welcome Garrett.keep in touch...and may be after starting ur classes,you will be tired by working working and working,but i can tell u ,you will enjoy Architecture...trust me...its ...ARCHITECTURE...
NEO
Sat Aug 26 2006, 03:54pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
Frustration is also a part of 'architecture life'.
I get frustrated before the every submission of my projects. Still after these four long years in architecture I feel like crying before facing the jury.
Tadao Ando wrote something like this in one of his books:
"architecture is an inescapable one man fight. Where you are the opponent of yourself."
Yeah, it becomes a passion gradually... enjoy
nirghum
Mon Aug 28 2006, 12:04am
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
In modern days you cant be a king or an emperor. But if you love to rule over many a things, you have got the chance to be an architect. Yeh that’s what I feel about the profession. They are the ruler. So the road may seems tough but its worthy. Share your feeling all the time ask for supports and suggestions. Be a friendly contributor here in archsociety. That will make your long and rough journey comfortable and enjoyable. Wish you all success. Cheers.

Go to: