Forums

Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
mujtaba
Mon Aug 13 2007, 08:17am Print
Registered Member #14 Joined: Tue Sep 20 2005, 08:54pm
: Honolulu, HI
Every Architecture school has its own alumni association. I was wondering what would be the posssibilities of launching an online portal for the UAP Alumni Association. Typically the Chairman's message, members' list, activities (past and present), contacts and such things are found in such sites. Of course, Archsociety is a global architectural forum and tagging on any particular alumni group might add a bias.     
admin
Mon Aug 13 2007, 09:24pm
Main Admin Registered Member #1 Joined: Sun Jul 31 2005, 06:24am
: virtual architecture ..!
Personally I gave an offer to the UAP Alumni Association chairman. I told them that I'm ready to design and maintain the site for free. Even I'll also provide the hosting for it. Only one thing I can't give that is the domain name, if it is necessary. I told them to buy a domain (it cost only 700 taka for .com, .net or .org). They did not respond positively.

Even I also told them about using a subdomain of archsociety.. something like uapalumni.archsociety.com I could gladly provide that too. Even we could start a different forum just for the alumni members within ArchSociety Forum. Which may be accessible only by the alumni association members. Something like the 'Bangla Addaghor Forum' which is only seen by the Bengali speaking members.
I was just in need of a 'yes' and some supports from them.

By the way, Yes ArchSociety is a global community. But different groups of members from any part of the globe can request for group or language specific areas within ArchSociety. ArchSociety will always be glad to entertain that type of requests. That won't be a biasness I think. Cause ArchSociety will always remain liberal and open for any user groups equally.
Suppose if any school from any part of the globe requests us to host their alumni association with a group specific forum or a subdomain, ArchSociety will be glad to do that too. Edited Mon Aug 13 2007, 09:27pm
mujtaba
Tue Aug 14 2007, 05:02am
Registered Member #14 Joined: Tue Sep 20 2005, 08:54pm
: Honolulu, HI
That sounds great! I guess then all we need is the alumni association members to get in touch with ArchSociety. I think this shouldn't be too difficult.
Killersmile
Sun Apr 24 2022, 07:50am
Registered Member #18025 Joined: Sun Apr 24 2022, 05:31am
: sydney australia
awesome post i love it keep posting more! www.bathroomremodelcedarrapids.com
idasanka
Tue Apr 26 2022, 02:21pm
Registered Member #17236 Joined: Sat Jan 29 2022, 02:15pm
: davao
Excellent post keep it up and share more. https://moldremovaldetroit.com
idasanka
Wed Sep 07 2022, 12:44am
Registered Member #17236 Joined: Sat Jan 29 2022, 02:15pm
: davao
So excited to see everything in person.. what a great place! https://customclosetsdesignalbuquerque.com

Go to: