Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: Scribbling on sketch-pad :: Introduce yourself

« Previous topic | Next topic »
hi, im just getting used to this website . . .
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
nahinu
Thu Sep 21 2006, 12:04am Print
Registered Member #227 Joined: Sat Sep 16 2006, 09:40pm
My name is Tiffany, and am a 4th year architectural student at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. I came across this website a couple of days ago while doing research on Dhaka. Currently my studio has one semester course and we're presently working on accumilating information about Dhaka's history, culture, environmental & governmental issues. Our project location is near the Dhaka Aricha Highway; surrounding places include Amin Bazar, Bara Bazar, Bus terminal, the oh so famous embankment, and the Gabtali cattle market.
I know this may seem a little strange to ask but, does anyone have photos of that surrounding area that they wouldnt mind sharing. I'v been searching for 4 days straight for pictures that show the local and built environment but have been unable to find anything. I would credit the source and encourage my fellow classmates to join this site.
My instructors name is Kazi Khaleed Ashraf, he has written several articles in the Daily star. I have also given him this web address to view.
Im not really desperate for these photos but if any of you are feeling generous of have some time to kill, I would be very thankful to anyones response!
nirghum
Thu Sep 21 2006, 10:14am
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
as much i know, there are some stuffs on dhaka in our download section.
your blog page is awesome. sir please use your blog link in your signature. so that others can get a chance to see the beauty.

http://dhakatecture.blogspot.com/

here is the link, if any one reading this post dont miss the beautiful page provided by nahinu. and oh sure the formalities to welcome you to our community, and best regards.

please update your signature with your blog link.
NEO
Fri Sep 29 2006, 04:50pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
Kazi Khalid Ashraf is a great man.
Have you explored the archsociety download section’s Dhaka City maps? There we have gathered several maps including historical and planning strategic maps. Few maps are in AutoCAD format. So you may take help from those maps if you need something in scaled drawings. Now google earth is also giving high resolution satellite images of Dhaka, you may try that also.
Do you know about Discourse? Visit discourse website to know more about this physical community of architects and students in Dhaka
http://www.discourse98.com
Discourse people were enrolling a workshop named ‘The Dhaka Workshop’. Thought the output of Dhaka Workshop has not been compiled and published yet. When it will be finished you’ll get a lot of images of those areas in archsociety.com and discourse98.com both. Wait till the workshop gets finished.
I’m going to look for those students who are now working on these areas so that they may help you sharing there photos.
[would you please do me favor? i need the email address of Kazi Khalid Ashraf sir, if there's no problem then you please send me a private message informing the email address. Of course you may ask him before giving me the email address.] Edited Fri Sep 29 2006, 04:53pm

Go to: