Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: Design Process :: Bubble of Ideas..

« Previous topic | Next topic »
info on business centre needed
1 2 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
pranali
Tue Sep 12 2006, 12:50pm Print
Registered Member #218 Joined: Tue Sep 12 2006, 08:06am
hi, i'm pranali final yr student. need help for thesis.. topic is business centre.. office with allied activities and service apts for thm. plz let me know ny such stuctures,, india or abroad,, john hancock is the eg, i;m lookin for.. reply plz
NEO
Tue Sep 12 2006, 04:21pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
Business center is a bit boring project to handle. There’s nothing but solving the rigid functions… if it is a high-rise structure then solving the circulations and the core is everything. If it is a large area sprawled project then the functional hierarchy and interlinking circulation patterns will dominate your project. I’m not discouraging you to take a business center as your thesis. In a sense this is a safe project, I mean this a bit easy project to appear in front of the jury. There will be nothing to argue in the jury session other than the physical thing of the project like the functions and the structure of the building.

However, I think I’m talking too much! As some references you may study the high-rises by Sir Norman Foster’s HSBC building, The Bank of China by I. M. Pei at Hong Kong, these are very good examples (though these are bank buildings, not exactly business centers). Recently within last few years the largest business complex in the world with high-rise office blocks, convention centers, markets etc has been made in a large single premises in Malaysia. I can’t remember the exact name of the project and the architect now. That is also a good project as I can remember.

From my experience if I talk about a market complex the City Center in Kolkata, by architect Charles Correa is the best project I have ever seen. The plaza and the hierarchy of circulation is excellent there. You may follow this example too, as it is within your reach.
nirghum
Wed Sep 13 2006, 04:45am
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
hello NEO wasnt there many original stuff on HSBC building with you. did you taken out them from download section?? i think some real designing content would be more helpful for pranali. as i recal your project sited at bangla motor would eeven be relavent with pranali's thesis. hope soon you share some stuff from them with her.
pranali
Wed Sep 13 2006, 07:46am
hello neo and nirghum... thanks alot for ur opinion... waitin for futher help.. i've seen this hsbc bank... thanks for it.. but lookin for more comment on scope of designin this business centre... specially coz ii'm not findin any live case study in india.. wanna know ur views of gettin together the work place and home.. i think its better solution as it helps reducin ut time of travel.. so the polution etc.. the flexibility is more ...

so plz comment futher s i need to finalize my design programme..
let me know any case studies also..
"john hancock chicago is wht i'm lookin for like"
nirghum
Tue Sep 19 2006, 01:38pm
http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=116876
i think this link will help you.

actually im not from architecture background. and most of the dedicated archsociety members are right at present in china.
so your post is not geting enough reply.
well from my point of view, if there is one single complex which is a business center as well as residential aprt ment too, should have two face. one is for the business part and other is for the residencial part. i would plan for separate parking and separate entrance and exit. those who come to business center they may not even notice that there are some place for recidential aspect. Edited Tue Sep 19 2006, 01:58pm
Yasir
Thu Sep 21 2006, 04:13pm
Registered Member #138 Joined: Sun Aug 13 2006, 01:56am
: chennai
sorry for replying so late.... can u be a bit more specific coz i will try to gather info frm my seniors who have done the thesis and who r currently doing... i know one senior who is a good mate of mine and i think he has done an office complex or something like that for his thesis project... i will try to pull him here asap....
nirghum
Thu Sep 21 2006, 06:27pm
yasir
again!
just do it for pranali. and i wish she will thanks all of us. though i have asked her to talk about her project more. but no update.
well i think she wants to see some thing from us first.
and i believe yasir is the guy. come man just do what you have aplaned for.

by the way, i think outstrip is in india now. most likely in chennai. i told him to contact with you there. thanks yasir.
pranali
Fri Sep 22 2006, 07:39am
hey i just wrote to u all guys in intro sec... anyways thanks n sorry.. will u'll more details soon.. Edited Fri Sep 22 2006, 07:41am
1 2 

Go to: