Author Post
xsweetishx
Thu Feb 08 2007, 10:02am Print
Registered Member #467 Joined: Thu Feb 08 2007, 09:02am
: isa town,Kingdom Of BAHRAIN
hey how u doin here
im a 19 yrs old female student in the University Of Bahrain
Bahrain thats a small island in gulf so im arabic
im happy that i found this site hopefully ur gonna help me when i need u ppl ryt ;$
not now when the semester starts coz e r having our spring vecation here

im a second year student ,guess thats all about ma profetional info's .
i wana c see some wellcomes ova here ppl

nirghum
Thu Feb 08 2007, 11:54pm
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
hey xsweetishx
we are more than happy to get you among us. if you just wtch through the posts ans conversation you will come to know that people here really friendly. Wish soon you will start loving us.
admin
Fri Feb 09 2007, 11:29pm
Main Admin Registered Member #1 Joined: Sun Jul 31 2005, 06:24am
: virtual architecture ..!
Welcome xsweetishx!
Hope it will be a nice experience for you to be in archsociety.
Which year are you in Bahrain University? How's going your design studio?
etipuf
Fri Feb 09 2007, 11:46pm
Registered Member #430 Joined: Sat Jan 06 2007, 09:30pm
: istanbul
I have a professor here who made a presentation on the ongoing projects in bahrain a few months ago, it was not for class, it was for an audience with a mix of professional designers engineers academics and students. looks like your city is busy. liked the idea of identifying a city with pearls.
the project which seemed most interesting is the one where they are filling the sea to provide more land and even providing slopes, they are making artificial hills and all for architectural variety. the overall project resembles ijburg from netherlands but there were some points that were discussed later, especially on the feasibility of the project that made it especially interesting.
i forgot the name of the project, it had a pretty cool video commercial/presentation and all. i wanted to learn more about it afterwards but didnt dig in that deep. would love it if you could tell more on how that is going and any other architecture news:)
bahrain is very very active. saw lots of new skyscraper projects for it. im sure youd have lots to tell.
nirghum
Sat Feb 10 2007, 02:59am
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
xsweetishx, You got many interested audiences here. Come back and speak up. Even im watching your thread carefully to learn Bahrain.

I would like to add here that when in my childhood I used to practice philately, I was fascinated by the stamps from Bahrain. Those were always colorful and bright. Till then I started loving this states of emirates. If not making mistake it is so. Isn’t it ?

Go to: