Forums

Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
Hina
Fri Mar 23 2007, 11:00am Print
Registered Member #521 Joined: Fri Mar 23 2007, 10:49am
i don knw wht happened to my last login setup
m having problems with logging in so here i cum again .
eventually i've decided upon neighbourhood design  or a neighbourhood park wid reference to my research area which was social interaction.
i want ur views as to which wud b a better choice n why??
i'm confused~!!!
do gv ur reasons as to why i shud opt for either of the two or if there r any other suggestions they'r most welcome.
NEO
Fri Mar 23 2007, 08:32pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
I got this thread after taking a search in the forum:
http://www.archsociety.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?1973
Is this you there? You may send a PM to the admin to retrieve your old ID and Password, he might help you out.

Anyway... the phrase 'neighborhood design' is not very clear. A design may be 'for' a neighborhood, but is it possible to design a neighborhood?
Anyway it should not be a 'selection' rather it should be a thorough analysis upon a specific neighborhood then the analysis would say you what to do for the betterment of that neighborhood. Find out what actually they need, which function may serve them well, which function may develop the living standard, entertainment, pedestrian pathways, traffic movements etc.
Then you'll get the answer automatically what to do.
As you have done a research on Social Interaction, now you take a real work area, a real neighborhood and try to find out how to develop the Social Interaction among them. You may come up with a city center containing some new walkways, park, entertainment and shopping facilities etc. Those decisions should come up only after the analysis of needs and possibilities of a specific area. That's the only process.
Wish you best of luck.
Hina
Wed Mar 28 2007, 05:19pm
Registered Member #521 Joined: Fri Mar 23 2007, 10:49am
aren't thr any specific international case studies that i could look into before actually researching into alocal case study area??
NEO
Sat Mar 31 2007, 05:38pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
Local is 'study' not 'case study'
Just go and jump into in your study area, find out the issues, needs, climatic and cultural factors....
As far I'm concerned, Pakistan has a problem of the conflict among different races... Sindhi, Punjubi etc.
I think you'll get the same conflict in the communities near you (or may not!). If there's anything which creates segregation between communities.. then try to join it through urban design and architecture. Make the bridge of stronger relationship among different communities.
That would be the ultimate goal of a project which deals with 'social interactive space'.

So I think if you start directly from a real community or neighborhood it would better than roaming around here and there for case studies.
Killersmile
Sun Apr 24 2022, 06:09am
Registered Member #18025 Joined: Sun Apr 24 2022, 05:31am
: sydney australia
Interesting post i love it keep posting more! www.fencingstlouis.com
idasanka
Tue Apr 26 2022, 01:45pm
Registered Member #17236 Joined: Sat Jan 29 2022, 02:15pm
: davao
thanks for sharing this deck builders https://deckbuilderlincolnne.com https://deckbuilderlincolnne.com

Go to: