khulna, reporting back after visiting simmin
1 2 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
nirghum
Mon Aug 28 2006, 12:21am Print
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
i am just back from khulna. when i was moving out for khulna i thouhgt i would meet some architecture student there. and try to introduce them with archsociety physicaly.so first i met simmin, she informed me that there are very less opportunity to be online for them. they dont get internet connection in their rooms. its not that there is not at all any connection. there is a connection but it is down for last couple of month. and their authority are not very willing to fix it up. my heart sank in dismay. its all most end of 2006. we are nearly on the edge of another decade after 2000. and a university teaches subjects so sofsticted like architecture is not careful enough to connect them to globe. when shall we expect some light? its dark too dark to see
NEO
Mon Aug 28 2006, 07:51am
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
Khulna University people are always a bit GHORKUNO!
They don't love to interact (may be i'm assuming wrong seeing just few of them..). See they are even don't get some extra opportunities as we get. Such as regularly held conferences on architecture in Geothe Institute, Discourse or BETS Center etc. They even miss the architectural big events international conferences like SAARCH, CAA or ARCASIA held at Dhaka.

These gaps could be bridged by internet. When the internet connectivity is also in threat there, then it is really very pathetic.
aliza
Mon Aug 28 2006, 11:44am
Registered Member #68 Joined: Thu Jul 06 2006, 06:28am
: dhaka
tauheed bhaia, what is done in Geothe institute or BETS Center.....
i haven't heard of them....when these held and where...
NEO
Mon Aug 28 2006, 03:23pm

I didn't expected any answere like this from you at least!
Most of the architectural conferences held Dhaka city are mostly at either German Cultural Center (the Goetyhe Institute) or at the BETS Center or in our Discourse or in UAP campus.
Last one was at BETS Center auditorium by Architect Jalal Ahmed, previous one was by Kazi Khalid Ashraf.... it continues...
Ok next time we'll publish the news of any conference if it is being held in Dhaka. So that you pepople may attend.
mujtaba
Tue Aug 29 2006, 12:22am
Registered Member #14 Joined: Tue Sep 20 2005, 08:54pm
: Honolulu, HI
Neo, I think that is a wonderful idea to post the proceedings of the events at BETS, GOETHE and DISCOURSE. Those of us who miss these for whatever reasons, would have a chance of chatching up. I know it is a hassle editing and reporting on events at your own cost and time which is a big setback, but I also know that this website is simply the result of dedication and hard work resulting from a desire to serve the community. Looking at its success, my hopes and expectations have gone up. I'll post a news on Rafia Azam's presentation at the school of architecture, University of Hawaii scheduled for tonight. Let's take this thing a step further. Aloha
admin
Tue Aug 29 2006, 09:04am
Main Admin Registered Member #1 Joined: Sun Jul 31 2005, 06:24am
: virtual architecture ..!
sure sir.
We would be glad to get the review. A button has been added 'Submit News' at the top of the page. You may try that one. Or you may simply open a new thread in the forum.. i'll make it a news item later. Edited Tue Aug 29 2006, 09:14am
nirghum
Tue Aug 29 2006, 08:26pm
Registered Member #26 Joined: Mon Nov 28 2005, 05:52pm
: bits N bites
well again we came back to dhaka. but we really think something for khulna people. they are missing many thing. and being captivated within such a bounderied spaces i dont understand how they feel about their future.
by the way if there any chance that some one know any khulna archi student who stays in khulna town, not in the academic hall then he or she may be informed about our existence. as i think in khulna town is under good coverage of internet. so all of us should check our contact list if there any khulna pupil there.
NEO
Wed Aug 30 2006, 06:36am
There are around 12 in the archsociety members list from Khulna University. As they have become members by themselves here.. so it is obvious that at least these people has internet connectivity. I'm going to knock them... firstly to reply to this thread.
1 2 

Go to: