Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: Design Process :: Bubble of Ideas..

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Help For Thesis Topic: Boat Community infront of Korail Slum+Market Area in Gulshan/Banani Area.
1 2 3 4  last
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
Tonni Islam
Thu Feb 09 2012, 10:07pm Print
Registered Member #2773 Joined: Thu Oct 27 2011, 04:30pm
Hello My Name is Tonni and I'm finishing up my last year of Architecture in the States and need help with Analysis of my site. I'm looking for old maps of how Dhaka or specifically Gulshan has changed over the years and how the lakes and canals have morphed as well.

I'm also wondering if someone personally knows the Gulshan Area? If I could ask them question regarding my micro site analysis such as flooding during monsoon seasons and such.

Thank You. I would really apperciate all the Help I could get.

Personal Email: tislam2ATspsu.edu

MODERATED Edited Wed Feb 29 2012, 01:39am
rubelraf
Mon Feb 13 2012, 02:01pm
rubelraf
Admin Registered Member #12 Joined: Sat Sep 17 2005, 01:22pm
: Dhaka, Bangladesh

Hello, Tonni.

have you checked the download section?
http://www.archsociety.com/download.php?list.9

Personally I am not that much familiar with Gulshan area.
But ask your questions here; anyone have relevant information might answer your quarries.
Thank you.

jah
Sat Feb 18 2012, 07:53am
Registered Member #2987 Joined: Fri Feb 10 2012, 10:58am
: dhaka
hi i m a student of architecture in 4.1 , and doing urban re-development projects on gulshan-1 i have done some analysis on gulshan for my study.. if u need some information about this projects maybe i can help u out.. but i need the master plan of 1962 .. and i cant find it. do u have any?? tushi_dpATyahoo.com this is my email. u can contact with me through this email.thank u

please read the Forum rules & Code of Ethics Edited Sat Feb 18 2012, 05:36pm
Tonni Islam
Tue Feb 21 2012, 03:29am
I've looked at the download section already. Thank You.

Jah, I'm sorry I don't have anything from 1962. Could you tell me if I could find maps that are well detailed about the Gulshan area? Mine is more about the water system of dhaka. So anything to do with that would also be helpful. And any analysis about traffic and people would be helpful. As well as flood systems?

Thanks.
NEO
Wed Feb 29 2012, 01:41am
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
Google Earth now has a 'History Layer'. There's an option 'Show Historical Imagery'. You may try that as well.
Tonni Islam
Fri May 18 2012, 04:06pm
I tried that as well. But my thesis semester is over and so is architecture school. But to the two people that helped thank you. I know were all busy individuals and it's always nice to see people want to help a fellow student despite the competitive nature this world puts out.

But anyway my project changed a lot and provided a lot of good discussion and the teachers loved it and I did as well. I'm still developing the project hoping it will get me into a good Urban Studies masters program since I fell in love with Urban Theory this semester. Thank you again, if anyone would like to continue to help I'll give you my email, I would love to keep contact with someone from Dhaka.
Tonni Islam
Fri May 18 2012, 04:08pm
Sorry not two. Three! Neo is also the person who directed me to this place. Thank You. Now that I'm break I'm hoping to get to know you all, I really want some critique of my proposal from people who have actually been to Dhaka. Though my Professors loved the project and researched the city I still need help. =)
NEO
Sat May 19 2012, 06:18am
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
Well it looks like we actually couldn't help you much yet

And it is fantastic that you are done with the undergrad school. Congratulations!

By the way you may try posting your works in the forum so we could take a look and comment. If you find it difficult to post the whole thing here in the forum you may contact me to help you do that.

You may find me on Facebook at http://facebook.com/archtauheed
1 2 3 4  last

Go to: