Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: Design Process :: Design Development

« Previous topic | Next topic »
about secondary elementery school design...
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
Himel
Wed Mar 19 2008, 03:26pm Print
Registered Member #294 Joined: Mon Oct 16 2006, 05:10pm
: Dhaka
I think you shouldn't start with the shape. Firts start with the functional zoning than try to make the shape which can present the theme " Refraction of light". I think the shape of light house will be funny.
To play with light please follow Kahn's projects.
NEO
Fri Mar 21 2008, 02:57pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
The basic function of an elementary school is not very tough to arrange. The tough part is to make it 'a school for children'.
First of all look on some good designs of schools in books although good elementary schools are rare in architecture books. Try to understand the basic organization of the functions from those.
Then think of something which will make this school 'a school for children'.
Try to find out what did you expect when you were in class 6. How you reacted to your school, what would be there in your school which would make you happier and smarter... start from 'scratch' from 'zero' don't preoccupy your brain with preconceive ideas like 'light house'. Fix your target somewhere else like: making it a better place for children from where they'll be more confident, intelligent and smart from the activities you design. I always prioritize more on the end-users' benefits of architecture than the beauty and so called architectural charisma.
admin
Fri Mar 21 2008, 07:09pm
Main Admin Registered Member #1 Joined: Sun Jul 31 2005, 06:24am
: virtual architecture ..!
Here is an online elaborate training course regarding school design. This website is really good to learn about school design. Register and account there and log in, otherwise it will not show all the contents of the site.
CLICK HERE to visit

Here I'm giving you another link where you'll get some good PDF books on school design.
CLICK HERE to visit

Although these information are intended for designing in USA. When you'll design your school local climatic and cultural considerations should take place.
ami tiptip bristi
Sat Mar 22 2008, 08:28am
Registered Member #860 Joined: Thu Jan 17 2008, 07:37am
: bangladesh
thanks for the response...

Go to: