Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: Design Process :: Bubble of Ideas..

« Previous topic | Next topic »
COLOR IN ARCHITECTURE ... THESIS
1 2 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
Sarah
Fri Mar 02 2007, 06:44am Print
Registered Member #254 Joined: Sun Oct 01 2006, 10:32am
: Karachi
  Hello all...I am a student in my B-Architecture and i have taken "color in architecture and its impacts on human psychology" as my research area.... I need articles and case studies to support my research for thesis....   Basically m working on the ways colors affects our lives and particularly our psyche.... As a building type ... m planning to work on mental health care centre.... Using color as a medium for mental health care.... working with environmental psychology and color therapy....   Looking fwd for any type of suggestion ...  I’ll be really thankful....
Pra98
Fri Mar 02 2007, 09:50am
Registered Member #332 Joined: Wed Nov 08 2006, 05:39am
: Dhaka
intersting sub.I think u can find ur desire study in psychology books.color is also related with environment and climate.u can also search antropology ,means particular areas people like particular color.
admin
Sun Mar 04 2007, 12:02am
Main Admin Registered Member #1 Joined: Sun Jul 31 2005, 06:24am
: virtual architecture ..!
Few hours ago Ive added an ebook of the famous book on color that is 'Color Harmony 2' in archsociety downloads. Look for it into the archsociety publication section.
I'm sure that book will come to your help.
As I got a lot of help and interest from it when I was in first year.
Download it and read it out....
Sarah
Wed Mar 07 2007, 10:35am
de main problem for me at this moment is selecting a building typology for ma concept ... a building or a group of buildings dat have a lot do with colours ... fulfilling de max aspects of color theory in architecture ....

Really in a fix ......

m thinking of going with a residential community ... whre by the whole environment can be enhanced by rhythemic use of colors ....
NEO
Sun Mar 11 2007, 10:07pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
Or you may go for an elementary school... where color can be the most useful element in architecture for the environment for children and their education also.

Or you may take an air-port too! I heard about an air port project where the architect tried to make the building as a color code guiding reference for the pilots. It's something like pilots see the airport from different altitudes and angles and they see different walls or planes of the building with different colors... so that they can easily understand their horizontal and vertical position during take off or landing. It also sounds interesting
Sarah
Wed Jun 20 2007, 06:46pm
I am working on the effect of color on children and designing an orphanage comprising residential, educational and recreational spaces (based on SOS Village concept).

The beauty of colors if often associated with the purity, innocence and joy of childhood. I want to bring the aspect of color into the lives of young orphanages, giving them an environment which can bring to an end the depression of their lives. I want to heal their emotional scars with the help of colorful surroundings, apart of providing them with necessary living spaces. Color can be really an effective tool to reduce their sadness, bringing them closer to the beauty and hope of life.

I would like to seek help as to how should I carry on this project and particularly the color schemes of different spaces and their effect on a child’s psychology. I would be really obliged to hear a piece of advice.
Killersmile
Sun Apr 24 2022, 06:07am
Registered Member #18025 Joined: Sun Apr 24 2022, 05:31am
: sydney australia
Interesting post i love it keep posting more! www.fencingdesmoinesia.com
idasanka
Tue Apr 26 2022, 01:47pm
Registered Member #17236 Joined: Sat Jan 29 2022, 02:15pm
: davao
thank you for this! really appreciate you doing this deck builders https://deckbuilderstallahasseefl.com

1 2 

Go to: